• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That`s certainly a rhetorical question, eh? As I stated, Snowden is an American HERO. Those in Washington thumbing their noses at the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, as well as any and ALL who support them, are traitors and deserve a traitors end.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That`s certainly a rhetorical question, eh? As I stated, Snowden is an American HERO. Those in Washington thumbing their noses at the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, as well as any and ALL who support them, are traitors and deserve a traitors end.

Rhetorical, for sure. Snowden isn't an American hero, in my opinion. That perception could have been different, had he handled the situation in an entirely different way. It way it looks now, he was an agent for a foreign government.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think Snowden accidentally did a semi-good thing for a totally bad reason. As Kut said, he was acting under the advice of a foreign government. His leak was an attempt to discredit and destabilize our government. Just happened to be he also informed we the people about mass intelligence gathering in the process.

No pardon, but I don't think it's worth the trouble to bring him back here. Let him stay in his exile. If he tries to reenter the country grab him.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ugh. Obama CAN pardon Snowden for acts that have not yet been adjudicated. He's an idiot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This infuriates me! Not only does Snowden NOT need to be pardoned, he`s an American hero for letting "we the people" know what our elected employees were doing. Why is there no talk of criminal prosecution for the goons in Washington who wipe their feet on the United States Constitution?

Obama says he can?t pardon Snowden | Ars Technica

how do you know he's not also a traitor? Whose word do you have that the information did not end up with enemies?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Rhetorical, for sure. Snowden isn't an American hero, in my opinion. That perception could have been different, had he handled the situation in an entirely different way. It way it looks now, he was an agent for a foreign government.

An agent for a foreign government? I take it you also believe the Russians were behind the hacks of the DNC and John Podesta?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    An agent for a foreign government? I take it you also believe the Russians were behind the hacks of the DNC and John Podesta?

"The way it looks".....not to be confused with....."the way it is"

Russia/DNC/Podesta, not related to this conversation.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    What is the evidence he was a foreign agent? I hear this referred to often but have never heard an explanation why.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    When Tho mas Drak e tried to whistle blow on the N SA for fraud and corruption, and spying on all Ame ricans and not just suspected criminals,he himself was charged with the espionage act.Ruse ll Tic e spilled the beans and got fired and labeled crazy.So why would Snowd en trust the Inte lligen ce Comm unity Whistl eblowers Protecti on Ac t and go thru the " proper channels?"So we learn that they are using communication companies to spy on the internet,phone calls,tied into ECHE LON and not answering to this countries laws.Hum......How nowadays do we define a patriot?

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    There will be unity of opinion when the information gathering tools we are left with fail and our enemies finally get the high body count event(s) they are working for.
    The real shame is that you can only hang him once.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is the evidence he was a foreign agent? I hear this referred to often but have never heard an explanation why.

It may not have been his intent, an unwitting agent if you will, but I think it's naïve to believe that a guy with that much knowledge concerning American activities, is going to keep mum in Russia.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think he spilled the beans before going to Russia.

I think in the world of international intelligence, the info Snowden could provide, probably goes a fair bit beyond simply "spilling the beans." Maybe just a tiny bit.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It may not have been his intent, an unwitting agent if you will, but I think it's naïve to believe that a guy with that much knowledge concerning American activities, is going to keep mum in Russia.
    Is there not a huge difference there? It is one thing to steal secrets for a foreign government, it is quite another to reveal a presumptively unconstitutional/illegal national surveillance machine.

I don't see why his revelations of the data collection are somehow defined by what happened AFTER he did it.

Top Bottom