• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Looking forward to cross-country skiing!
    183659241_10225714292022854_8092584824947034965_n.jpg

I was at Ohio State during the '78 blizzard. A few brave souls put on their ice skates and grabbed onto the back bumpers of food delivery trucks (all that was on the road at the time). Another put on skates, tied a bedsheet to his belt loops, held up the other two corners, and sail skated across the stadium parking lot. We played a tackle football game in the stadium with no worries about being knocked down - 17" of snow was good padding.

Last edited:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    We were in Colorado in a 5th wheel late October last year. 6-10 inches of snow, then ice & 5 below ZERO F.

I like snow ok if I can watch it out the window while drinking strong black coffee.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I love snow, if it snowed every week I'd be a happy camper. I love sledding and snowboarding at my sister's house with a nice fire at the top to warm up. Lot's of fun backroading on atvs in the snow as well, and it's more fun winter camping with snow on the ground.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I love snow, if it snowed every week I'd be a happy camper. I love sledding and snowboarding at my sister's house with a nice fire at the top to warm up. Lot's of fun backroading on atvs in the snow as well, and it's more fun winter camping with snow on the ground.

You would have loved the U.P. The only place I know with 6 seasons.... spring, summer, fall, winter, winter, winter.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to love snow when I was younger, but the older I get, the more I'm leaning toward snow on Christmas then back up into the 70's. Used to love to go camping when a big snow was forecast. Nothing like waking up in the tent in the woods with a fresh cover of snow.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009

Love watching some of those youtube videos of people camping in snow storms.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    do you realize that blizzard killed around 100 people and injured another 4500?
    People die of all sorts of things.

And give me snow cover from 11/15 to 2/28 every year and I'd be very happy.
    Although I was too young at the time to fully understand its impact on some people, I do feel for them.

It’s called being prepared, it was predicted it was coming.

If another one was approaching today we have massive technology and would probably know nearly a week in advance and for anyone not heeding those warnings it would be on them.

All I mean is I love massive amounts of snow and we haven’t had any in years.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Looking forward to cross-country skiing!
    183659241_10225714292022854_8092584824947034965_n.jpg

I was at Ohio State during the '78 blizzard. A few brave souls put on their ice skates and grabbed onto the back bumpers of food delivery trucks (all that was on the road at the time). Another put on skates, tied a bedsheet to his belt loops, held up the other two corners, and sail skated across the stadium parking lot. We played a tackle football game in the stadium with no worries about being knocked down - 17" of snow was good padding.
    I used to CC ski when I was a teenager. Good times.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Love watching some of those youtube videos of people camping in snow storms.
    I do too, I love watching Brian Galyon when he lived in a nice canvas tent over the winter in Colorado. I've camped in a cheap tent and my pop up in the snow several times. If I lived where it snowed more I'd have a nice canvas tent with the stove jack in it.

Top Bottom