• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Seems like it would be nice if it covered the mag more to keep out lint/pocket debris, etc.

I thought about that. My thinking was it might be more durable if it covered the mag more. The drawback to that of course is that one of the things that make it nice is the minimalist design and light weight.:dunno: I am sure there will be some knockoffs coming, we will see what they look like.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I thought about that. My thinking was it might be more durable if it covered the mag more. The drawback to that of course is that one of the things that make it nice is the minimalist design and light weight.:dunno: I am sure there will be some knockoffs coming, we will see what they look like.

I can see that point, but a full "cap" over the end would be nice and add negligible weight.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I understand the want for a "cap" over the cartridge end of the mag...

But won't gravity work in your favor in this instance? Lint won't fall UP into the mag.... And if you spread the pocket open just a bit when you slide the SnagMag into your pocket, it's not going to rub down the side of the pocket and "grab" anything that might be there?

I don't think that it's a big deal, personally. AND - you'd empty your pockets every evening anyhow. Should be easy enough to examine the mag for dust bunnies?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I pocket carry a revolver, muzzle down, and the bore gets all sorts of lint in it. I usually run a bore snake through it weekly to keep it clean because this happens. Seems to me gravity would keep the lint out of my barrel too but it doesn't. :dunno: I don't get it either but I would want something to keep the lint out of my magazine too. The pocket mag carrier I had made for my LC( I also pocket carry is closed as is the pocket holster. I asked my buddy to make them both closed for just this reason.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thinking about buying one of these, how are they for you guys who were getting them? Still using them? What's the verdict, yay or nay?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    They are a little pricy that's why I am wanting to know what those that use them think.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I think you should keep them on your belt and away from pocket lint. :)

I've got one on my belt, I was thinking about just a third that I can easily access. I think i would want to try it out before really wanting to add one.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I am too old for this trendy tacti cool stuff. The reason I don't carry my pocket knife in the same exact manner is that when I sat down, especially moving into and out of cars the knife would eventually work its way out of my pocket. Looks like a great idea when just standing, but upon sitting the whole device will have pressure from you leg pushing it out. That is how the knife worked for me. Won't work for me, I already know that. If I carry a spare mag it is in a horizontal carrier on my belt. Out of the way and comfortable.

Top Bottom