• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Gov. Holcomb and the first lady are Life NRA Members and helped to get the NRA National Matches moved to Indiana. Mrs. Holcomb is very active in the shooting community. There have been a lot of pro-gun laws passed or restrictive laws eliminated in Indiana in the past several years. Some people aren't even aware of them.
    Can you highlight these? Obviously constitutional carry won't be on the list. But I'm interested in the rest of the pro-gun laws. You can leave out the free lifetime permits, as permits fall under the constitutional carry issue. And no red-flag laws. I'm not suggesting our Gov is anti-gun. But pro-2a is a little less certain with him.

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    TN combined sales tax rate is 9.47%!
    While this is true, you'd be surprised on how little you ever actually think about it. Yes, it's close to 10 cents on the dollar, but you become used to just adding that to the final price in your head and kind of just forget that it's a thing. Much better then seeing more lines of loss on a paycheck, in my opinion.

jbusyc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2018
    South of Indy
    Nice to see they are getting out of Massachusetts. Although I do wish one of these gun companies would move to Indiana. Can't we at least get an ammo plant here?

Reactions: Leo

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice to see they are getting out of Massachusetts. Although I do wish one of these gun companies would move to Indiana. Can't we at least get an ammo plant here?
    Without the raw materials needed due to "supply chain issues", would it matter? I mean I guess we'd get a new building with stuff inside, that couldn't make anything because there are no raw materials...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    While this is true, you'd be surprised on how little you ever actually think about it. Yes, it's close to 10 cents on the dollar, but you become used to just adding that to the final price in your head and kind of just forget that it's a thing. Much better then seeing more lines of loss on a paycheck, in my opinion.
    Depends if you are a spender or a saver and what phase in life. They also don't exclude groceries in TN if I recall.

That said when my folks lived there, I recall property tax being pretty low where they were... Of course, the services provided were quite low (volunteer fire department, etc)

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I lived several years in TX and FL. Indiana had better CCW laws than TX for many years and a lot of liberals are starting to influence the politics in the larger cities, especially Austin. FL has had good firearms laws for a long time. Texas is nearly all privately owned land and sometimes it is hard to find a place to shoot or hunt. You'll pay big bucks to hunt. The big advantages to both states lie not so much in gun laws as the lack of state income taxes, although the combined sales tax in TX is 8.19%. FL is comparable to IN. TN combined sales tax rate is 9.47%! Gov. Holcomb and the first lady are Life NRA Members and helped to get the NRA National Matches moved to Indiana. Mrs. Holcomb is very active in the shooting community. There have been a lot of pro-gun laws passed or restrictive laws eliminated in Indiana in the past several years. Some people aren't even aware of them.
    Yeah I like Indiana and have no real intention on moving.

I wasn't aware of the private land situation in TX, that surprises me a little. But that's not all that different from Indiana for all intents and purposes. I haven't had a great place to hunt deer since I've been hunting, I've just gotten lucky a few years.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

I wasn't aware of the private land situation in TX, that surprises me a little. But that's not all that different from Indiana for all intents and purposes. I haven't had a great place to hunt deer since I've been hunting, I've just gotten lucky a few years.
    Yeah, if you live in the central or northern part of the state, the places to hunt are more scarce. We have it good in southern Indiana!

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Can you highlight these? Obviously constitutional carry won't be on the list. But I'm interested in the rest of the pro-gun laws. You can leave out the free lifetime permits, as permits fall under the constitutional carry issue. And no red-flag laws. I'm not suggesting our Gov is anti-gun. But pro-2a is a little less certain with him.
    I spoke to a Swat instructor on 9/11 who told me he knows Mrs. Holcomb personally and Lord Eric and her are completel polar opposites on 2A issues. She is an avid shooter apparently.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Then why is Governor Holcomb opposed to constitutional carry?
    You'd have to ask him. I personally know some gun enthusiasts who are against it, too. Maybe they need to be educated to change their thinking. What is the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Assn.'s position?

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    I spoke to a Swat instructor on 9/11 who told me he knows Mrs. Holcomb personally and Lord Eric and her are completel polar opposites on 2A issues. She is an avid shooter apparently.
    This is true....my dad is a guide back at Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee and was hired out for a hunting trip by her. He said she had a blast, and was super down-to-earth.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Texas has a public hunt drawing systems for State Parks and other public lands that is far superior to our State Park and Military hunt drawings in virtually every way possible. Other than that though, the amount of public land is low relative to the population and especially the hunting population. Worse, most of the available public land is also close to large population centers, making for high competition and low success hunting. Leasing (either daily or yearly) and guided/outfitted hunting are about the only alternative options for those that don't own land.

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    What took them so long? I lived there (MA) for about 4 years. Very hostile to conservative views. The western part of the state is at least sane, but anything near Boston is a lost cause.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    We had the Army Ammunition Plant right near here, Charlestown, Indiana...Closed years ago...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    We had the Army Ammunition Plant right near here, Charlestown, Indiana...Closed years ago...
    I'd say that the new companies which have taken up residence there have more than made up for the loss of the old Army Ammunition Plant. I doubt that the old buildings and equipment would pass current safety standards.

Top Bottom