• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    I was hoping that I could hear thoughts good and bad on the S&W Night Guard revolvers. I only own two J frame revolvers but for some reason really like the feel of the large Night Guards. I also very badly want to own at least one 10mm so I am thinking about the 310 Night Guard and would love to hear your thoughts. Please let me hear from anyone who has experince with any of the Night Guard models :yesway: :noway:. Thanks in advance.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was hoping that I could hear thoughts good and bad on the S&W Night Guard revolvers. I only own two J frame revolvers but for some reason really like the feel of the large Night Guards. I also very badly want to own at least one 10mm so I am thinking about the 310 Night Guard and would love to hear your thoughts. Please let me hear from anyone who has experince with any of the Night Guard models :yesway: :noway:. Thanks in advance.

If you plan to carry and not shoot too much, it would be OK. My experience with two of the S&W Performance Center alloy weapons is that they loosen up and get sloppy after 300-400 rounds, I have the 327 8-shot .357 and a V-Comp in .357. The steel frame Smiths are fine but I wont buy another alloy Smith.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    can you specify which alloy you don't like? not to be a jerk but steel is an alloy. so did you get a scandium frame that seemed to loosen up? was that yours at gander mtn on the used rack a few weeks ago?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I like this review of the Night Guard 325.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWWI9jFOPbs[/ame]

The 325 is also my favorite version of the Nightguard series... I just love the ideal of the venerable .45 ACP in moon clips.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    can you specify which alloy you don't like? not to be a jerk but steel is an alloy. so did you get a scandium frame that seemed to loosen up? was that yours at gander mtn on the used rack a few weeks ago?

The OP asked about the NightGuard which is the scandium frame, as are the two pistols I had problems with. In my reply I stated that the steel frame Smiths are great.

Not my used gun at Gander. If I have problems with any firearm, I would get it repaired or keep it. I don't believe in passing my problems along to someone else.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWWI9jFOPbs

The 325 is also my favorite version of the Nightguard series... I just love the ideal of the venerable .45 ACP in moon clips.
    Please forgive the slight hijack...STOP THUMBING THE HAMMER EACH TIME!!!!! OMG that drives me crazy. Let me see them shoot those distances with a full trigger pull. It is very possible but you need SOME trigger control. Revolvers should not need an exposed hammer.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWWI9jFOPbs

If I was one of the two guys hanging paper down range and some yahoo was swinging a weapon around and playing movie star at the firing line, I would be having a heated discussion. Safety first, especially if you are making a video for everyone to see.

Top Bottom