Smith and Wesson equalizer. What are they thinking.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Dawn dish soap was my mother's favorite.
    ralphie_soap.jpg

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Shield + magazine compatibility , the EZ series sells a lot of guns. But this is a forum for enthusiasts and the Equalizer / EZ line is not for enthusiasts IMHO. Smith and Wesson will sell a bunch of these pistols IMHO, easy to use , slim with good capacity and even red dot ready to boot. Figure street price of $550 it's competitive given the features

I've been impressed with the Shield EZ for what it is and it's target market. First time handgun owners and people with reduced hand strength, injury, arthritis, etc.

And, have sold a lot of them to those customers.

Biggest downside has been capacity... now those folks have an option.

Optics ready hasn't really been on the radar with those folks, though this might change things. I do wish my Shield+ had come with this new optics cut with Holosun compatibility.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I am not sure what this provides over the Mossberg Mc2c, p365 xl, hellcat, Ruger, or any of the other options which look better, have greater capacity, and fit in a similar footprint. You know you messed up when ruger pistols are prettier than you

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    This strikes me like like the M&P metal. Why? Now we have the option to carry 6+ more ounces for what?
    I was talking to a guy last weekend that carry’s a 1911 and said it was to big and to heavy, so he’s thinking about a metal M&P. I bit my tongue and didn’t tell him he’d be losing a fantastic trigger on a 1911 and not losing any weight or size.

5point9

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    Noblesville
    Agree with points off for the name. Tacky to me.

While options are nice (the MOS Cut) the Shield EZ lines targeted audience isn’t going to put in the time to master a red dot OR is the probability there for a long distance shot as well as a the extra weigh of extra rounds (yea it makes a difference to some let’s say mid 60’s and older folks).

Like all companies I get the idea is sales but not sure this is the right product for all the cool kid features
    Yeah agree on the name. It's hard to think that in the court of law the "Equalizer" is just a great name to work with. I'm surprised they used that name. Stick with a simple model number or something I say..

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    The EQ should have been named the EZ Plus because that's what it is

My Mother liked to scrub your mouth out with LAVA Soap, still remember the taste BTW 50+ years later
    She would ask what you said & then slap you in the mouth when you said it again, makes you remember it... Forever....
    Then the willow switch against the fence bare butt in front of the neighbors

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Yeah agree on the name. It's hard to think that in the court of law the "Equalizer" is just a great name to work with. I'm surprised they used that name. Stick with a simple model number or something I say..
    It’s more to do with I just think it’s cheesy. As far as a court of law if you’re there and you’re depending on the name on a gun by the manufacturer to make or break your guilt you gots bigger issues!!!!

And I say this as someone that’s been Mirandized in a couple Federal Inquiries

Top Bottom