Smith and Wesson equalizer. What are they thinking.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Appears to be like the 9mm Shield EZ with more capacity. I think it might work for those that struggle with the manipulations of the Shield +.

It provides the capacity but with an easier to rack slide. However it is larger than a Shield.

I would be interested in how the trigger feels compared to the Shield.

I'm not a fan of slide serrations but I'm not crazy about the fish scales either that are on my M&P's. But they work.

If I didn't already have a Shield, I would take a look at it. But not for $600! Street price would need to be considerably below that.

Reactions: Jin

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Points off for the name.

Points off for the HUGE billboard.

Points off for no improvement in the grip contour.

Neutral on the serrations.

Points added for the optic cut.

Points added for the capacity.

It may have a market. May be great a gun but....

Looks to me like SW created a "new" gun out of the parts bin.

I am a SW fan but don't see anything here that makes me want to step away from my P356XL with a WC grip module.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm glad S&W keeps coming out with new models but there have been several over the past few years that make me wonder what they are doing. Hope they are making money off them but I often don't see the market being there for them.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Agree with points off for the name. Tacky to me.

While options are nice (the MOS Cut) the Shield EZ lines targeted audience isn’t going to put in the time to master a red dot OR is the probability there for a long distance shot as well as a the extra weigh of extra rounds (yea it makes a difference to some let’s say mid 60’s and older folks).

Like all companies I get the idea is sales but not sure this is the right product for all the cool kid features

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Why not add grip safety to shield plus model? Why not use a proven name and not make
    It a billboard on a beretta apx like slide thst everyone hated and didn’t sell. I agree it looks like a thrown together mess out of extra parts in bins with the ugliest slide I have ever seen

Coming with three mags and a uplula loader is a positive. The 499 price is about 100 too much

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe I missed it, but what's the capacity? Are mags compatible with other SW pistols? Higher cap mags available? Mag cost?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Maybe I missed it, but what's the capacity? Are mags compatible with other SW pistols? Higher cap mags available? Mag cost?
    Mag capacity is 10+1, 13+1 and 15+1. I don't know about compatibility or cost. Or if you can get even higher capacity mags.

I also don't like the name or the "billboard". Made me think this would be the first time I'd like to have the slide machined clean.

Oops, Zach beat me to it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Shield + magazine compatibility , the EZ series sells a lot of guns. But this is a forum for enthusiasts and the Equalizer / EZ line is not for enthusiasts IMHO. Smith and Wesson will sell a bunch of these pistols IMHO, easy to use , slim with good capacity and even red dot ready to boot. Figure street price of $550 it's competitive given the features

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would bet dollars to donuts that the small trigger guard will cause finger pinch for me like the CZ P10C did. I am watching sootche's video and until I saw that, I was interested. If I get an opportunity to shoot one, I will, but most likely I will stick with my Shield.

Shield: 1667923901787.png Equalizer: 1667923945502.png

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I will definitely pick up a couple 15 round mags for my Shield Plus.
    Couldn't care less about this new pistol, but I'm also in for a couple of the new 15 round Shield mags when they are available.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    If you make the perfect new gun, how can you have version 2 improvements, version 3 improvements, etc.?

Top Bottom