• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I think I'll give the city a pass this time. Every forecast I saw said we were not in the zone. At least until 5 or so when we suddenly WERE in the zone and everyone started saying "hey, its freezing out there..."

I'll save my ire for when everyone says "its gonna be bad" and Hogsett's team drops the ball anyway.

hogsh*tt has burned through any and all passes as far as I am concerned.

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    Drove from Brownsburg to Zionsville around 5 and back around 7.
    On the way there, the navigator took me via county roads.
    What can I say?
    Coming to a 90-degree turn, doing 35 in a 40, gently applying the brakes -- only to find out I have no brakes because the ABS kicked in the moment I touched the brake pedal.
    That was scary. Thankfully, it wasn't a T-intersection and there was no traffic. I stopped about 50 or so yards past my turn.
    Apparently, none of those county roads have been salted.
    I've never experienced anything like this. Ever.

On the way back, I took a 267 and then an I-74, and it was thankfully uneventful.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Because the city failed to ameliorate the conditions ahead of time, and IFD/IEMS staffing was put into additional strain by overscheduling and taking apparatus out of service for all of the events downtown, one of my guys had to transport a patient with a severe injury to the nearest hospital in his squad car. No other options existed at the time.

If anyone thinks that the city is anywhere prepared for a significant emergency event, they are sadly out of touch with reality.

And I even work in emergency management.
    But hey, Georgia St. and the Circle sure do look purty for the college championship game, don't they?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just looked out back and it looks like all the pine trees are still intact. Glad it warmed up as quickly as it did and the ice didn't accumulate too much.

Top Bottom