• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Its bad down here too Doggy. Stay home.

Southport road bridge over white river was closed until they could get salt on it. I was on Mendenhall and went to slow down to turn and just keeeeeeept going. I didnt need to turn there anyway. LOL

I was going to stay there and do a thing, but grabbed the parts and took them home to work on it before roads got any worse.
    I'm not going anywhere. I just posted in another thread that I was still getting good traction on the laminate, linoleum and carpet. :):

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Just drive home to the east side of Indy from Noblesville and saw several crashes and a pick up in the ditch. I noticed on 465 south of Pendleton Pike to Shadeland had some salt down. Once off the interstate it was pretty much a solid sheet of ice.
    Wish I could just stay in the rest of the evening but I have to go out and pick my son up from work in about an hour. That should be fun too
    yeah, sounds like you have no choice but to go out. Be safe!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just drive home to the east side of Indy from Noblesville and saw several crashes and a pick up in the ditch. I noticed on 465 south of Pendleton Pike to Shadeland had some salt down. Once off the interstate it was pretty much a solid sheet of ice.
    Wish I could just stay in the rest of the evening but I have to go out and pick my son up from work in about an hour. That should be fun too
    Stay safe out there!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma, and the 4-wheel drive works flawlessly, but man, nothing works with ice. Ice scares me...
    Exactly! But some with 4WD vehicles seem to think it makes them invincible. I've got an old beater 97 Ram 4x4 and it's nice for snow, but no better than my little Hyundai for ice.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    If anyone was curious about how well Marion County prepared for and responded to the (apparently "surprise," because no one knew they were coming, except the NWS, meteorologists, and emergency management personnel) freezing conditions...

DPW wasn't called to salt the roads until 6:45 PM, we ran out of fire apparatus and ambulances at 7:29 PM, and street officers were no longer being dispatched to property damage crashes at around 8:15 PM.

I was on the phone to IFD dispatch to request a medic three times and never got an answer.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    If anyone was curious about how well Marion County prepared for and responded to the (apparently "surprise," because no one knew they were coming, except the NWS, meteorologists, and emergency management personnel) freezing conditions...

DPW wasn't called to salt the roads until 6:45 PM, we ran out of fire apparatus and ambulances at 7:29 PM, and street officers were no longer being dispatched to property damage crashes at around 8:15 PM.

I was on the phone to IFD dispatch to request a medic three times and never got an answer.
    Wonder if Mayor Hogs**t will be coming out to brag on TV tomorrow:whistle:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I made it from just north of South Bend to Pierceton, IN (US 30 & SR 13) ok. Slow going and the roads were salted. I was supposed to go to North Manchester for some 200 proof corn but I decided not to.

The South Bend area doesn't see too bad yet. I'll see when I get back. 74 more miles at about 35-40 in an empty tanker. Yay.

From the way down.

PXL_20220109_021922389.jpg

PXL_20220109_021908343.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Awesome isn't it lol
    Nothing like the city to get caught with their pants down. I'm sure we will have a few wrecked IMPD cars when the garage opens back up tomorrow night.
    Never even heard talk of any standby going into the weekend

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Because the city failed to ameliorate the conditions ahead of time, and IFD/IEMS staffing was put into additional strain by overscheduling and taking apparatus out of service for all of the events downtown, one of my guys had to transport a patient with a severe injury to the nearest hospital in his squad car. No other options existed at the time.

If anyone thinks that the city is anywhere prepared for a significant emergency event, they are sadly out of touch with reality.

And I even work in emergency management.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Because the city failed to ameliorate the conditions ahead of time, and IFD/IEMS staffing was put into additional strain by overscheduling and taking apparatus out of service for all of the events downtown, one of my guys had to transport a patient with a severe injury to the nearest hospital in his squad car. No other options existed at the time.

If anyone thinks that the city is anywhere prepared for a significant emergency event, they are sadly out of touch with reality.

And I even work in emergency management.
    Oh I am crystal clear on that. The problems definitely start at the top

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    IMPD will NOT be responding to vehicle crashes where there are no injuries and both are drivable. Also, AutoReturn (contract company for IMPD tows) is 60 or so tows behind. My son was supposed to be driving back down to IU for the spring semester at 6pm, NO WAY I was letting him out for that. Tomorrow should be better.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ice has doubled here in just the past hour. Went to feed the outdoor cats and they were slipping and sliding coming to eat. Was pretty amusing actually

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think I'll give the city a pass this time. Every forecast I saw said we were not in the zone. At least until 5 or so when we suddenly WERE in the zone and everyone started saying "hey, its freezing out there..."

I'll save my ire for when everyone says "its gonna be bad" and Hogsett's team drops the ball anyway.

Top Bottom