• ...and so much more!
  • ruger1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    Bloomington Indiana
    Hello
    I know I have not been on in awhile but had alot on my mind. Went to a gun shop on 10-24-09 and asked the sales person about Skky guns. And he told me that the guy that formed Skky guns went bankurupt and I dont know if they have or not.

Last edited:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hadn't heard about them going under..

They are inexpensive and get a bad rap, much like Hi-Point, IMO. I held one at a shop once and it felt comfortable - never fired one, though. I'd give one a try if I had the chance..

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Don't know about their business standings, but from what I have heard from various gunsmiths, their pistols leave a lot to be desired.

With the greatness of the internet, have you tried doing a search on them to validate the solvency claims?????

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hello
    I know I have not been on in awhile but had alot on my mind. Went to a gun shop on 10-24-09 and asked the sales person about Skky guns. And he told me that the guy that formed Skky guns went bankurupt and I dont know if they have or not.

Wow...you travelled into the future? How was it? Got any lotto numbers?:D

Just giving you a hard time...guessing you ment 9/24/09, which was last Thursday.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I had one they are good guns for the money, the only thing I did not like was the safety was in a bad spot after you shoot it a couple of times your thumb hits the safety up on the cant fire position, not what I am looking for in a self defense gun, I emailed SKKY about this and they asked me to send the gun back in and they would fix it, I sold it instead, told them they need to look at Glock.. Kel-Tec.. Khar and build a true combat gun were if you don't pull the trigger it does not fire if you pull the trigger it goes boom, a safety like that can get you shot in a gunfight when seconds count. Just sayin.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Not sure about the bankrupt story, however SKKY did have to change their name to SCCY due to lawsuits by the vodka brand.

I had purchased one simply to see quality, however it was sold before I could decide whether or not I wanted to keep it for myself.

As for getting another one in, a month ago the company stated that they are on full bore of manufacturing them and that it would be 30-60 days in order to get an order of them out to me.

As for the person who purchased it, they are very happy with it and like the fact that it has the thumb safety on it.

Good Luck and God Bless!

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Had one and it was back to the factory 3 times in 3 months. I had it a total of 5 days out of 90. The owner of Target Sports in Sheridan, where I bought it, felt so bad for me that he gave me my money back.
    I have always tried to talk people out of buying the gun. Better to buy the Kel-Tec, from which it was cloned but with deflective DNA

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Here is the Web site, name was changed from SKKY to SCCY
    SCCY Industries

I purchased one pretty cheap NIB at a local gun show in Ft. Wayne, the SS version, the only thing I did not like about it was the "Bite" after so many rounds it tore up my thumb a bit.

Mine shot extremely well, sights were dead on, rounds always fed, now keep in mind I was only shooting FMJ's.

I ran over 500rnds through the gun without a hiccup, overall for a cheap gun it was decent. Wasnt the "prettiest" but mine worked!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Skky/sccy's cpx1 is better made than keltec's p11 without a doubt. They get a bad rep. Great guns for the money.

Sccy still honors the Skky LIFETIME warranty, they had to change names due to a lawsuit from skyy voldka over their name. They never went bankrupt.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Apperently you have never held or seen a kel-tec. Everyone here just about has said they are junk.:dunno:
    I have or did own a P11, P32, P3at and a PLR. The Skyy CPX1 beat the P11 by a mile. Without question.

*** Keep in mind we are comparing two bottom of the barrel manufactures here. Saying the Skky/sccy beats the keltec isn't like I'm giving it a ringing endorsement for pistol of the year, lol.

Top Bottom