• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Lat time I went through I ordered a "coffee. Black" This was quickly answered with a " And what do you want in it" .. I just stood there staring at here, after blinking a few times I said "I guess you can add water so it's not as dry" . The other employees were cracking up at her. Maybe it was her first day.

Now that's funny. I like that.

Ashby, by your avatar I am guessing that you are a Whoovian?

Oh, and by the way I guess that I will have to stop by one of the many local Starbucks for a "straight coffee" this Saturday.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    My wife can't get enough of the place so I'm sure we can hit a couple of them on Saturday to show some support. I'll make sure my wife thinks it all about her^.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The founder of my favorite dating site, Moms Demand Action, lives in Indiana. Everywhere she goes--the movies, the grocery, the drug store, the hardware store, the clothing store, the spa--she is surrounded by people carrying guns. Why the fixation on Starbuck's?

Keep in mind that this is the same woman who keeps insisting that Starbucks is a family establishment and that their highly caffeinated and sugary drinks are perfectly suited for young children.

I mean really, who brings their kids to Starbucks?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Now that's funny. I like that.

Ashby, by your avatar I am guessing that you are a Whoovian?

Oh, and by the way I guess that I will have to stop by one of the many local Starbucks for a "straight coffee" this Saturday.

Why yes I love the Doctor. I don't run for fitness, I run so I can be ready to keep up when I see him. lol.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Will anyone be at the Irvington or Greenwood (SVR / Main St) stores about 11:00ish?

Sure. I'll be at Greenwood and wearing some INGO swag.

If their coffee didn't taste like dog bile I'd help 'em out. Dang, its just so bad!

Ask for the "blonde" roast. Much better than their regular. They also have other drinks- tea and hot chocolate.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Miss Watts, of MdA, appears to be trying again to show Starbucks how much they WON'T go there if they don't ban guns. Well Miss Watts, please riddle me this, if you are already boycotting Starbucks, what is the point of "Skip Starbucks Saturday"? You already aren't going there.

I for one will stop in my local Starbucks Saturday Morning, 8-24 and buy my Caramel Frappacino and sit and relax while I drink it. I am not asking for meet ups, or organized events, just stop in and show Starbucks we appreciate the non-stance on gun issues.

Gun control group: 'Skip Starbucks Saturday'
    Thank you for saying "non-stance." A company should be allowed to be neutral on something when all they want to do is get by like everyone else. They're there to make money, not make a political statement.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Thank you for saying "non-stance." A company should be allowed to be neutral on something when all they want to do is get by like everyone else. They're there to make money, not make a political statement.

It's not just a non-stance its a "we follow state laws only" stance. If Miss Watts had any brains (we know she doesn't) she would have a problem with any business following state laws.... Instead of picking on Starbucks.

Thank God Starbucks allows firearms, without them I'd never be able to leave the house armed!

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Guess i'll be taking a detour on the way to the the fairgrounds Saturday to stop at Starbucks... might even decide I need a couple of coffee's throughout the day... I bet the Starbucks exec's wish these people would just leave them alone.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I've got a $15 gift certificate someone gave me. I will have to go and spend it all on Saturday morning. Don't think much of their coffee but they must have something I can enjoy, even if it's a coffee mug. A sale is a sale for our side. Will wear an INGO hat just to be sure the point is made.

Last edited:

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Keep in mind that this is the same woman who keeps insisting that Starbucks is a family establishment and that their highly caffeinated and sugary drinks are perfectly suited for young children.

I mean really, who brings their kids to Starbucks?

Might be surprised. Very often see parents or grandparents with the kids in a store. Caffeine for the adults. Frappicinos for the kids. And WiFi for all.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    You know that she is just mad because she is rich and can afford to buy their overpriced coffee - it was probably one of her favorite places to go until she realized they allow guns (in accordance with state laws). Now she can't get her latte without violating her own boycott...too bad, so sad.

(I should add that while I am not as well off as she is, I can't help but stop for my sugar and caffeine fix when I am around one...I usually get the caramel macchiato, mmm)

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I'm so happy my town finally got a Starbucks, unfortunately it's on a college campus, but I go to that college so I probably couldn't carry even if Arkansas said I could.

Top Bottom