• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Miss Watts, of MdA, appears to be trying again to show Starbucks how much they WON'T go there if they don't ban guns. Well Miss Watts, please riddle me this, if you are already boycotting Starbucks, what is the point of "Skip Starbucks Saturday"? You already aren't going there.

I for one will stop in my local Starbucks Saturday Morning, 8-24 and buy my Caramel Frappacino and sit and relax while I drink it. I am not asking for meet ups, or organized events, just stop in and show Starbucks we appreciate the non-stance on gun issues.

Gun control group: 'Skip Starbucks Saturday'

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I rarely drink coffee. When I do, it's not overpriced, overhyped coffee. But maybe Saturday I'll stop and buy a muffin and bottle of water. That should only set me back about $10 or so.;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I rarely drink coffee. When I do, it's not overpriced, overhyped coffee. But maybe Saturday I'll stop and buy a muffin and bottle of water. That should only set me back about $10 or so.;)

They are very pricey. If I were not busy as heck on Sat. I would join you folks for a straight off the bean black coffee. I love ordering that and getting the "Look" as they really do not understand a straight up cup of Joe............:):

Hoosier Wolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I never go to Starbucks but MdA is amount me reconsider.

I would really like someone to do a survey of convicted violent criminals and ask them if a No Guns Allowed sticker would have deterred them. Pretty sure we can all guess the results but apparently it would be an Earth shattering revelation to simpletons like Miss Watts.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I never have problems. I just order a medium bold coffee or medium house blend and I get what I wanted. Don't get bogged down by the names of the coffees they are selling that day.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I love ordering that and getting the "Look" as they really do not understand a straight up cup of Joe............:):

When I did drink coffee, and my wife had to go to get her grande chai, no water, nonfat, I would ask for a medium black coffee. I always got the same puzzled, sideways look from the kid behind the counter.:n00b:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm going for coffee Saturday even though I don't usually go to Starbucks. Hopefully so many gun owners will go and they can post higher than average sales on Saturday!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm sure these things aren't even a blip on their sales figures. They need to go back to telling people to drive with their lights on during the day to show support for their cause. Or wear shorts, or jeans or whatever. Then they can claim people are supporting their cause even though everyone already does what they're being asked to do.

They can go to Dunkin' Donuts and cheer all the people supporting their cause by boycotting Starbucks that day. Just silliness.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have to work a few hours on Saturday morning...

Will anyone be at the Irvington or Greenwood (SVR / Main St) stores about 11:00ish?

-J-

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The founder of my favorite dating site, Moms Demand Action, lives in Indiana. Everywhere she goes--the movies, the grocery, the drug store, the hardware store, the clothing store, the spa--she is surrounded by people carrying guns. Why the fixation on Starbuck's?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

A regular cup of black Pikes Place coffee may be more than at home, but it's still only a couple bucks. Worth it to me to try to send a message.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    When I did drink coffee, and my wife had to go to get her grande chai, no water, nonfat, I would ask for a medium black coffee. I always got the same puzzled, sideways look from the kid behind the counter.:n00b:

Lat time I went through I ordered a "coffee. Black" This was quickly answered with a " And what do you want in it" .. I just stood there staring at here, after blinking a few times I said "I guess you can add water so it's not as dry" . The other employees were cracking up at her. Maybe it was her first day.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The founder of my favorite dating site, Moms Demand Action, lives in Indiana. Everywhere she goes--the movies, the grocery, the drug store, the hardware store, the clothing store, the spa--she is surrounded by people carrying guns. Why the fixation on Starbuck's?

liberals want it to be their little liberal mecca so badly and they can't stand that it isn't :twocents:

It's like when you find out the person you really liked isn't the kind of person you thought they were. You feel used, burned, whatever and you treat them poorly as a result.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Lat time I went through I ordered a "coffee. Black" This was quickly answered with a " And what do you want in it" .. I just stood there staring at here, after blinking a few times I said "I guess you can add water so it's not as dry" . The other employees were cracking up at her. Maybe it was her first day.

That's funny! Would have liked to see that!

I never get a blink if I buy a black coffee from Starbucks. The only response I get is: "leave room for cream?" I think they are more used to serving plain black coffee than what consumers think. We make a big fuss over their $7.00 concoctions that contain a small shot of espresso, but they go through the regular coffee, I guarantee it. My son worked at one for awhile and he sold a lot of Pike Place and Breakfast Blend.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I don't know, but I was a little surprised that it made national news this morning.

Top Bottom