• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I've got 3 brand new Marlin 795's for my daughters and I
    I outfitted them with GI slings from the appleseed website.
    I have 3 Mags per rifle and Installed the Tech sites yesterday.
    My problem is that I have never used this type of sight and i am uncertain of the sight picture I should be using for zeroing these rifles .
    Is there a grapic representation anywhere that I can access so that I can get these guns reasonably close before the 04/24-04/25 appleseed at Riley that I just signed up for:)

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If it is a "peep sight" , the rear sight will be a round hole .

You want to put the top of the front sight post in the middle of the hole and aim CM of your target .

Sorry , no graphic .

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes, sight alignment will be top of front sight post centered in rear aperture.

For an Appleseed, the sight picture recommended is a 6:00 (or pumpkin on a post) hold rather than aiming Center Mass.

Try zeroing this way:

Bring the aligned sights to aim such that the top of the front post is at the bottom of a 1 inch square @ 25 meters. The square would look like it was sitting on top of the post (which is centered in the rear aperture.)

Perfect zero for Appleseed purposes would be a hit in the center of the 1 inch target (half inch above Point Of Aim.)

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    I've got 3 brand new Marlin 795's for my daughters and I
    I outfitted them with GI slings from the appleseed website.
    I have 3 Mags per rifle and Installed the Tech sites yesterday.
    My problem is that I have never used this type of sight and i am uncertain of the sight picture I should be using for zeroing these rifles .
    Is there a grapic representation anywhere that I can access so that I can get these guns reasonably close before the 04/24-04/25 appleseed at Riley that I just signed up for:)

You bet. There are several methods for using a peep sight, the methods are what you will learn as "sight alignment". Generally we teach the 6 o'clock hold. Don't worry about getting the rifles sighted in closer than "on paper" at 25 yards. We prefer to have each shooter learn to make their own adjustments after being taught what those those adjustments are. You will learn that as "Inches Minutes, Clicks".

I good picture and explanation of the 6 o'clock hold can be found here.
    CMP - First Shot Online!

YHJ

riverman67

Master
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    You bet. There are several methods for using a peep sight, the methods are what you will learn as "sight alignment". Generally we teach the 6 o'clock hold. Don't worry about getting the rifles sighted in closer than "on paper" at 25 yards. We prefer to have each shooter learn to make their own adjustments after being taught what those those adjustments are. You will learn that as "Inches Minutes, Clicks".

I good picture and explanation of the 6 o'clock hold can be found here.
    CMP - First Shot Online!

YHJ

Thanks for the link
    I will get them close with the 6 oclock hold

Top Bottom