• ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Southport Menards (Indy) on Sunday 5/2. Lots of (probably) non-essential shopping going on.

Mask usage = 99%. PROPER mask usage = 70% or so. :)

Had to pick up some hardware for a job this afternoon at Menards in Carmel. They had a rent-a-cop standing inside in front of the large sign with all the rules.
    Makes no sense that they require masks NOW, when half of Hamilton county has been shopping at Menards the last couple weeks. :twocents:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have looked for this at three Meijers and they have all been out.

I went to the one in Franklin (Sunday morning) to get mine. They had plenty they said, but none were put out front. I got a guy to grab me 2 out of the back. The Greenwood store might have had them too, but I couldn't find anyone to check for me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just ran across this. You might want to keep an eye on your gardens if you've got them in already.

May snow, spring polar vortex to shock parts of US in developing weather pattern

https://www.accuweather.com/en/wint...MSE0Q_3Bugi0Q8apXadFHVarulUD8Y-n3-7WcHFR9WChA

Fortunately I've only planted hanging baskets, plus a couple of tomatoes in pots on the patio, and a large planter out front. I'll have to cover the planter and the tomatoes, but I can bring the baskets inside or at least up onto the covered deck. Apparently Mother Nature didn't get the memo about our normal frost free date down here!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, we usually put about 5-6 tomato plants in pots and plant annuals in the flower boxes out front. I'll hold off a couple of weeks on getting the flowers. I could pick up the tomato plants now and not plant them for a while so it would be easier to bring them in if I need to. I usually buy the smaller plants, so I want to get them started.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    A lot of hog farmers in my area are offering market hogs for crazy low prices. It's basically either that or just kill them and dig a big hole.

Saw several pickups go by my house this weekend with makeshift crates and a bed full of live hogs. Judging by the sketchyness of some of the setups, I'll probably be able to snag a hog off the side of the road any day now.;)

Out of idle curiosity, I called my favorite local butcher shop and asked when the first slot would be to sneak in a hog. The answer was early October.

I then asked about a steer, December.

I wouldn't think twice about DIYing a 260 pound hog. But a 1200 pound steer is not a job I'd be excited to tackle.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Interesting side note. A couple of years ago, the house down the street from where my (then) boyfriend lived was condemned. After some digging, he found out that the owners had a taco truck and they were keeping a couple of live 300-lb hogs in the house.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Went off the reservation for the first time in 50+ days. Hit Lowes for water softener salt and garden fertilizer the Kroger's for fresh veggies and to restock the bar. About 50% of folks had masks on...most of those who did not seemed to be in the higher risk category. I'm probably good now until July easy. \

On Sunday some of the neighbors were obviously getting an early break on the opening up and having house parties and over nighters.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Your local Kroger might have some hand sanitizer in stock. Picked up a couple of big bottles of GermX at Kroger at Southport and Franklin in Indy. They also had smaller pump bottles of Kroger brand hand sanitizer. Was surprised to see it in stock!

They also had plenty of toilet paper, but limited to Kroger soft & strong or mega-packs of Scott 1 ply toilet/typing paper. :)

GermX.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Your local Kroger might have some hand sanitizer in stock. Picked up a couple of big bottles of GermX at Kroger at Southport and Franklin in Indy. They also had smaller pump bottles of Kroger brand hand sanitizer. Was surprised to see it in stock!

They also had plenty of toilet paper, but limited to Kroger soft & strong or mega-packs of Scott 1 ply toilet/typing paper. :)

GermX.jpg

I picked up one of these at my Kroger (Southern Plaza) weekend before last. They had them behind the customer service desk. It should last me until this stuff is past. I'll just be using it to refill my pump bottles.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

GermX.jpg
    I have some of that type. I think that was the one that was 60 or 62% ethyl alcohol.
    I bumped mine up by adding some 190 proof (95%) everclear. Still has the gel feeling, didnt change the feel of it at all really. I've been trying (even before this China flu) to buy 65% or greater and I prefer 70%.

We used a lot of sanitizer and wipes before this so I was stocked up. More so on sanitizer but I haven't ran out on wipes yet.
    Found a couple bottles of wipes at 2 of my local stores when i was out. If i see them i buy them because we use them daily. I do not have a huge stock of clorox wipes but we will get by.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    That $6.99 lb beef tenderloin from Meijer is the best I've ever had. Will be picking up a couple more on Wednesday after my Dr appt. On sale through Saturday.

I am guessing they're doing the same thing that Kroger was doing. Kroger had a bunch of whole tenderloins that were approaching the sell by date. I thought $9.99/lb was a good deal. Too bad I stocked up before Meijer.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trey Hollingsworth e-mailed a survey:

Poll: Liability Shields
    RequiredRequired Question(s)

Hoosiers,

As members of House and Senate work on another bill related to coronavirus, several have called for liability protections to be included in the next piece of legislation.

As businesses re-open and look to bring their employees back, many are still working on how best to operate and mitigate risk. Liability shields, on the federal and state level, would protect small businesses, grocery stores, healthcare workers, or other medical personnel from an onslaught of potential lawsuits arising from the coronavirus pandemic. Proponents believe these protections would encourage establishments to open and create best practices to keep employees employed and safe. Opponents of liability shields believe they would remove incentives to keep employees or customers safe.

Question of the Week: Do you support a liability shield against personal injury lawsuits for employers as they work to bring employees back?

Yes.

No.

I don't know.

Other (share your thoughts).
    Comment:

You can fill out the survey yourself (name and address required) here...

Survey : Questions

*** Wonder what INGOers think of this?

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't think you could sue anybody over an act of God.

It seems you can sue over anything.

One analogy, a tornado is an act of God, and if a factory on the plains of Kansas doesn't have a proper plan in place and tornado hits, expect a lawsuit. Of course, that analogy breaks down - imagine you've never seen a tornado, but suddenly a hundred pop up all over the place.

Top Bottom