• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyblaze

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Just got wind of a rumor, and would like to see if anybody else has heard the same. There was talk from my SIL work place that the highways will be closing. Seems a very far fetched rumor. Can't imagine this being true

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That certainly would make it difficult for 18-wheelers to effect deliveries.

I'd say bull **** to this rumor.

Ask them how much nano-thermite was used on 9-11.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just got wind of a rumor, and would like to see if anybody else has heard the same. There was talk from my SIL work place that the highways will be closing. Seems a very far fetched rumor. Can't imagine this being true

Man that is a stretch. People need to settle down. Nothing even close to this or the NG being called up is coming from my LEO sources.

Now watch me be wrong.....:dunno:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN

Not a total ban, just IL, KY and MI plates. That would be hard to do since so much travels by trucks.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you think TP hoarding is bad now, wait till EVERYONE in America gets a check for $3k at the same time.
    There will be traffic jams getting to any open stores people will be chomping at the bit to spend that money so fast
    The cool thing is, it won’t be groceries in a shortage then, it will be flat screens, xboxes, and Cheetos.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    There will be a crack shortage.

Yeah possibly. I just dont understand why people don't shop as normal. They need to just buy their weekly groceries and get the **** out. Everyone seems to be trying to buy 6 months worth of stuff because they failed to prep or heed any kind of warning before now.
    FEMA has told people for years to have at a minimum 72 hours worth of supplies and recommended more. But its not cool to prep. Everyone makes fun of the prepared until the flood comes, then they want in the ark.
    No one is going to starve. Schools are handing out lunches every day to kids up to 18 and some even to adults. If people cant feed the kids drive to their school. One district on the news is even delivering lunches on the normal bus routes.
    Stores need to start rationing everything if this continues. Limits on everything in the store. Until they get caught up.
    Why do I prep? Because of the stupid ****ing sheep who dont and will all die when a real disaster strikes and I wont be out among them. I'll be safe, warm, fed, watered, armed, playing games with my kids. Waiting for the lunatics to kill each other.

If you think TP hoarding is bad now, wait till EVERYONE in America gets a check for $3k at the same time.
    There will be traffic jams getting to any open stores people will be chomping at the bit to spend that money so fast

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The Saraga on Commercial Dr (Lafayette Rd) had PALLETS of toilet paper that no one was touching. Decently long lines and lots of general buying going on, but TP sales appeared nonexistent. I'm going back tomorrow to get some pork belly and beef ribs for the BGE.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Saraga on Commercial Dr (Lafayette Rd) had PALLETS of toilet paper that no one was touching. Decently long lines and lots of general buying going on, but TP sales appeared nonexistent. I'm going back tomorrow to get some pork belly and beef ribs for the BGE.

Is that where 34th T's into Laff. Rd...???

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I imagine this is an exaggeration of the travel restrictions that are already in place and could be getting worse soon. The roads will not be closed, but you will be expected to partake in essential travel only. In other words, it's the same thing as when we get a blizzard heading through and the state tells you to stay your butt at home so first responders and plow trucks can do their jobs. The same will be true here, but food, medical, etc trucks + first responders.

That's my assumption with that rumor.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Now in my 'hood...

COVID-19 is in Bloomington

...An email sent from Indiana University officials says the Indiana State Health Department confirmed that a Bloomington Hospital patient tested positive for coronavirus.

However, as of late Thursday, Monroe County health officials are reporting there are no confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus — also known as COVID-19 — in the county.

State officials did report on Thursday that Owen County resident has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. It's unclear if this case is a different one from the Bloomington patient or the same.

“The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) released its daily COVID-19 case count earlier today (Thursday),” according to a news release from the department. “No Monroe County cases have been diagnosed at this time, but we expect that to change as this outbreak continues.”

Monroe County Health Administrator Penny Caudill said she reached out to the state health department to verify this information and cannot speak for IU Health...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Been working 70 hour weeks so people can “work” remotely at home in their pajamas “full” time. Haven’t been out in the world (FW) since Sunday.

Saturday went to Sam’s Club and it was busy and the expected shelves were empty. I was buying several hundred dollars of office supplies to make Go Bags for workers to work at home. When we closed the office on short notice everyone wondered where they would get their office supplies to function at home from. I told them to go to the basement and grab their Go Box. They were shocked anyone planned ahead.

Sunday while I was working the wife hit the grocery store. Picked over and no meat, bread, milk. Took a break and took her to butcher shop that has been around for decades. Well stocked and doing a brisk business and we got a three pounds of ground beef and three pounds of chicken and a dozen caramel candies. Went next door and got a couple pounds of coffee.

It really comes down to thinking outside the box. Large, family owned restaurant chain gets regularly scheduled food shipments but governor dicked them over. So they are running a mini grocery store out of their parking lot. Drive out into the country and you can buy eggs at the end of the farmer’s driveway. If you have relationships with local retailers you have supported for years you will be taken care of, if you abandoned them for Wally World the owner has no idea who you are.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Midwest Gun Exchange, Elkhart:

My panic buying buddy went over there and to the surprise of no one they were completely sold out of 9. What did sort of surprise me is they were also sold out of holsters that might fit his Hi Point. Now I'm wondering if a bunch of guys buying their first pistols are just carrying them around illegally. :dunno:

He's not knowledgeable to identify "things", but he said they still had "guns". So... They may be better supplied than some other places from what I've read here. Might all be Class III stuff too?

I had no idea they even made holsters for those things in good times. I was told you just shove them down your pants next to your twig and berries.

My wife went to the Dollar Store for something....it's a habit. She ended up getting hot dogs, buns, chili and macaroni & cheese. The shelves were running out of many things, but she was able to obtain a couple of days worth of meals with no problems.

No paper products.

The lad next door brought over a pistol barrel to attach to an upper. Wrong gas block. He was able to get to Elmore's and do a swap/upgrade. Nice of Russ to take the Midway gas block as a trade-in against the Bravo Company block. And at a fair price.

Good news he has a new pistol. Bad news is his new pistol is gonna smell like an ashtray for the next 6 months until it airs out. LOL

Ventured out last night to help my daughter at 11 pm.

Killed three just to get to her. She was upset that I had to go to that level, but for family things have to get done. I just left them there knowing no one would care with the panic going on. I told her, I've done it before and would do it again. It just happens and you move on.

The moral of the story is keep your distance. Now if the animal kingdom can also figure that out. Those opossums went different directions to avoid me and I still hit them all. I honestly thought I'd miss them all

NO! ESPECIALLY with this mild winters, you want those critters around to eat all the ticks. Ugly as sin but man are they effective.

You have an entire case of Spam....really. Lets do some Spam egg and cheese sammies man.

I'm in! I'll bring bread. Wouldnt by any chance have a tin of Jalapeno Cheddar Spam would ya? Damn thats good stuff.

And I grew up on fried spam in lieu of bacon because we were poor.

And mac and cheese makes a great side with it. get a little of that cheese on it. YUM!

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I had no idea they even made holsters for those things in good times. I was told you just shove them down your pants next to your twig and berries.

Even implying some purple... I was legitimately surprised to see that there's actually quite a good selection of styles for them on Amazon. I assume they fit other guns and just happen to fit his garbage box too. I figured I'd see 1 crappy nylon Uncle Mike's holster for $11.99, but nope.

And... I've chosen, perhaps poorly, to take this young man under my wing and attempt to learn 'em a thing er tew. There will be no waist band carrying or there will be no support from me. We're doing this right or we're not doing it at all. I also told him to expect to pay at least $50 for a decent holster for his $75 gun. My game, my rules. Or he can find some other charitable soul to help him and maybe even loan him a box or two of 9... maybe... if he listens well.

Top Bottom