• ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Excellent! I'd love to see this passed!

If it does, I'll have to get off my butt and get my can, the squirrels don't stand a chance! I've always said the ultimate squirrel gun is an itegrally suppressed .22 rifle...

And coyotes won't be far behind them in eradication efforts!

Think my local reps may need an e-mailin or phone call...

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    This would be awesome. If nothing else I wouldn't have to worry about making sure my silencers are nowhere near me when I go hunting. I'm always paranoid about forgetting to take one out of my trunk and getting in trouble.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'll be an invisible, silent, death from below, squirrel slayin' ninja!

Negative, ghostrider. You'll be a responsible, considerate hunter who is concerned about your own safety.

Suppressors are nothing more than safety equipment.

If you want to be invisible, you'll have to order an invisibility cloak from the Pentagon.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Any idea when the Judiciary Committee will start hearing (and passing) SB 180, 181, 243, and 337?

On the others I don't know, but on SB243 Steve and I are scheduled to talk to the Committee on the 25th of this month.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Originally posted by jbwhttail:
    [QB] First and foremost you went to the wrong agency of government. Hunting issues should go through IDNR and the Natural Resources Committee, at least at this time....... [/QB]

Any truth to this?

JBwhitetail is Joe Bacon, the head of the Indiana deer hunters associations. He is against suppressors being legalized for hunting. The worse part is his facts that he posted were all wrong. Just like dealing with the general public about NFA items we have to educate everyone we can because the ignorance is deep.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    JBwhitetail is Joe Bacon, the head of the Indiana deer hunters associations. He is against suppressors being legalized for hunting.

There are some quarters of our community (the gun community) that have reservations about permitting such safety equipment as suppressors for hunting. As reasonable people I believe they will listen to rational argument and we will be able to allay their fears that poaching will increase (I mean think about it, does the legalization of bows increase poaching. Poaching is still poaching).

daverezz

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    South of Indy

Pass the silencer legislation and let thehearing protection begin! I think youcould make a great case for safety with a silencer argument on manyfronts. From what I can tell, I'm surprisedthis isn’t a bigger issue. If it passes, does anyone think hunting will be moreor less safe?

Top Bottom