Signing up for unemployment, how many have had problems?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How do you know if you are approved?

On the Uplink home page, in the table with the column entitled Claimant Pay, there will be an amount there, for one. If the amount is $0, click on the week of the claim in that table. If, say you got a partial week and earned too much money to qualify, in the payment detail area, click on the pull down arrow, if there is a reason for non-payment, it will say so there.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have filed vouchers for the last 4 weeks with nothing paid out yet and then last night I looked and I had a Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance form to fill out. I have no idea why that took so long but it did. Hoping to see something paid out here this week.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have filed vouchers for the last 4 weeks with nothing paid out yet and then last night I looked and I had a Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance form to fill out. I have no idea why that took so long but it did. Hoping to see something paid out here this week.
    I filled out the PUA form last night also.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    On the Uplink home page, in the table with the column entitled Claimant Pay, there will be an amount there, for one. If the amount is $0, click on the week of the claim in that table. If, say you got a partial week and earned too much money to qualify, in the payment detail area, click on the pull down arrow, if there is a reason for non-payment, it will say so there.
    Thank you sir.

I will keep an eye out for Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance form

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thank you sir.

I will keep an eye out for Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance form

I didn’t have to do one of those. It just added to the basic state UI amount. On my screen I see the state UI number and then a total amount paid (I think). It totals the $600 + the UI amount. (If that makes sense).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I didn’t have to do one of those. It just added to the basic state UI amount. On my screen I see the state UI number and then a total amount paid (I think). It totals the $600 + the UI amount. (If that makes sense).

Yeah, I'm unfamiliar with a Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. Is this something different than the additional $600?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, I'm unfamiliar with a Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. Is this something different than the additional $600?

I don’t think so. Seems like I found a FAQ on the state’s UI website that said no action was necessary to receive the $600. I gather by from what I read that at one time, I guess they were requiring a form be filled out but it was no longer required to send it in. Of course, it may depend on if you were self employed or something like that.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don’t think so. Seems like I found a FAQ on the state’s UI website that said no action was necessary to receive the $600. I gather by from what I read that at one time, I guess they were requiring a form be filled out but it was no longer required to send it in. Of course, it may depend on if you were self employed or something like that.

Ah, okay. I didn't have to do anything either to get the extra $600. But, alas, my boss called me last night and asked if I wanted to start back on the payroll today which I am happy to do! I have enough work and he didn't feel right asking me to work while I was on unemployment.

So hopefully my days of collecting UI are over!

:thumbsup:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ah, okay. I didn't have to do anything either to get the extra $600. But, alas, my boss called me last night and asked if I wanted to start back on the payroll today which I am happy to do! I have enough work and he didn't feel right asking me to work while I was on unemployment.

So hopefully my days of collecting UI are over!

:thumbsup:

That’s great. I won’t be too surprised if they eventually tell me my job is never going to be recalled.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

That's part of it and if you qualify for standard unemployment, that's all it will mean to you.

It also opens to door to unemployment for people who would not otherwise qualify such as independent contractors, self-employed, part-timers, "gig" work (Uber, etc.).

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    We are on reduced hours. I have a pretty good amount pending in my checking account, makes me wonder if i did something wrong, or if the $600 add-on is included in there.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I went to sign up for PUA last night - I'm self employed. There was a faq that said that I needed to file for regular UI first and be denied for that before I can proceed with the PUA. So I'm waiting to hear.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    After filing for 4 weeks today I finally see that I have funds flowing into my account. This has been a nightmare to get it all straightened out.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    After filing for 4 weeks today I finally see that I have funds flowing into my account. This has been a nightmare to get it all straightened out.

Well, that's a positive thing. I bet that takes some pressure off.

My son is at over 4 weeks (in KY)- nothing.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Well, that's a positive thing. I bet that takes some pressure off.

My son is at over 4 weeks (in KY)- nothing.
    I feel like I can finally breath again. The kicker is it took the dude at unemployment less than 10 minutes to get things right. I wouldn't want their job right now. They are in the weeds if ya know what I mean.

Top Bottom