Signing up for unemployment, how many have had problems?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Post them here if you wish. If you can offer some advice that would be great.

I can't even get them to send an email to verify/confirm my account. I spent over 12 hours on the phone, on hold before I got anywhere. I had to send an email to DWD to reset my account that was never verified.

Good luck to all!

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Scratch that as I may be on the drum set, and won't here the phone ring. When you signed up, did you go for direct deposit?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Scratch that as I may be on the drum set, and won't here the phone ring. When you signed up, did you go for direct deposit?
    I never got that far. As far as I got was setting up my account, very basic info such as name, SS number, set up password etc... I never relieved an email to verify my account.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I never got that far. As far as I got was setting up my account, very basic info such as name, SS number, set up password etc... I never relieved an email to verify my account.
    Notes on the website saying to wait until the end of the week and try. Site overwhelmed, and crashes easy.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I signed up last night, probably around 10. Didn't really run into any problems. When I tried to create an account it told me there was already one under my SSN. I hadn't used it in over a decade and forgot about it. I clicked the 'forgot login' link and followed the instructions, got back in with no problems. Updated all my data then proceeded to file. Got all the proper emails pretty quick and finished up in less than an hour. Just waiting now. I did remember seeing notes that Sunday & Monday were their most busy days so things might be slow loading. Maybe give it a day or so then try again.

On a side note, I read from a friend on another board that his stim check was posted this morning. He said he filed his taxes as soon as he was able though. I haven't seen anything on my end though.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I know 4 people who registered the same time I did. They didn't have any problems. One guy, somehow, got on the Pennsylvania website. He realized it before he clicked submit. :) I just want to be able to get on their site and file out the forms.

I filed my taxes early, the same week I got the W2's.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I set mine up a few weeks ago. It went pretty slick and just like the website indicated it should. I filed my first claim this week and it came back the next day and said it was “paid”. I’m assuming it will hit my direct deposit (I haven’t checked yet). I’m wondering if that $600 Trump adder will be automatic. The website says so. But I’m not seeing any indication it has or will be paid.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Wife filed 3 weeks ago and we've done the voucher every week but haven't received any response other than the acknowledgment that we filed and pending approval. Wife is a nurse at a surgery center and was laid-off but was given an option to be resourced to any affiliated hospital. However we have small kids and with school closed we do not have full time daycare available to us so she cannot float easily to another location. Her boss told her that they will deny any unemployment claims because they gave options and if childcare is an issue we should get on care.com to find a babysitter. However it is my understanding because of Covid that school closing is an approved reason to get unemployment.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    It was a pain to get all my ducks in a row for a couple of days and then everything worked out fine. The website said to file on Saturday night by 8:59 P.M. and the site won't let me file until Sunday morning and get paid by the following Tuesday. Just need to have a lot of patience to get things going with all the people now collecting unemployment benefits.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I'm happy for those that the process went fairly smooth. :yesway:

I'm only into a week off being furloughed but I can tell that retirement isn't going to be my thing. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you’ve already submitted claims, check your accounts. It’s looking like the $600 Trump Bonus Cash is starting to flow.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My son is around 3 weeks into no employment. He is in Kentucky and was initially denied because he did not have enough pay in enough quarters, but they had not accounted for his Indiana employment. He spoke to an actual person yesterday and it looks like he will be approved, but KY needs documentation from Indiana...and obviously that system is overloaded.

No panic. He'll be fine, but he is getting a good introduction to bureaucracy.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I'm happy for those that the process went fairly smooth. :yesway:

I'm only into a week off being furloughed but I can tell that retirement isn't going to be my thing. :)
    Same thing I'm feeling on week four of being laid off. Sucks that I can't fine a place to go shooting open. Need to find someone with property out in the sticks.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Same thing I'm feeling on week four of being laid off. Sucks that I can't fine a place to go shooting open. Need to find someone with property out in the sticks.
    I used to have a range where I live. Then the landord used the dirt pile to fill in the back of his property. I'll get it back sometime.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Was on hold friday and after only 2 hours I spoke with someone. They said I was told get a call from someone who would help by the end of the day. That call never came.....not to my surprise.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Update: A young cashier at the local mini mart told me to use a different email address. I did this morning and got the verification email. :yesway: I started the process but the website keeps timing out so I'll be back at tonight.

Top Bottom