• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I can't comment on that specific scope as I've never been talked into putting something that massive on a rifle, but I have several SII Big Sky's and SIIIs and they are all as good or better than their like priced / like featured competitors.

There are several Leupold Mk4 and VX3 on my most used scopes list and I could swap them out for Sightron versions without missing a beat.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    have read only good reviews about the s111 8-32x56 with 30mm tube. anybody here have one? if so what do you have it on?

I have NightForces on my 1,000 yard rifles but I do shoot with a couple fellows that have been using the Sightron scopes on their .308s. I have shot their rifles and compared the Sightron to my Nightforces and was surprised at the clarity of their optics. The glass seemed as good as Nightforce. The windage and elevation adjustments seemed smooth and positive. Tracking appeared to be stable as well. I can't tell you much about the durability since they have only been shooting them for the past 8 months or so.

Both guys are happy with their scopes and I even considered trying one for my AR10-T in .308.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I am a big Sightron fan. I do not have experience with the specific scope you are asking about. I have several Big Sky series scopes on some varmint hunting rifles and they are excellent. I believe they have better glass than the higher end Leupold and Burris scopes that I have at almost half the cost. Backed by lifetime warranty and from what all I have read have excellent customer service. Check Whittaker's or Ebay stores for best prices. The SII and Big Sky have a rebate on them right now, fyi.

Top Bottom