• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    If someone wanted to have you put new sights on a Colt Combat Commander, do they need to purchase the parts first or do you have access to parts?

Also what is the approx. price different for refinishing a slide (e.g. the above model) vs the entire gun?

Thanks for any info,

:ingo:

I can buy them or you can, which ever works best for you. If it is the one in your photo album I happen to have a nice set of white dot sights for that already that are brand new.

Or if you wanted to spend a bit more I could mill it for Novaks :)

Cost on refinishing: the slide is $65.00 and the frame would be $80.00 if you want me to take it apart and reassemble.
    If you bring me a bare frame it is $65.00 also.

Thanks for asking

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    I had AllenM install my TruGlo TFO night sights on my S&W M&P Shield. He was able to install them while I waited. He did a great job and would recommend him to anybody needing gunsmith work. I will for sure have him do more work for me in the future.

+1 to AllenM

Here's a couple of photos of the TruGlo TFO's installed.

PhotoFeb0934842PM_zps10f53497.jpg

PhotoFeb0934820PM_zps4cfeb09f.jpg

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Love those sights. Now I just need to get some for mine:)
    It was nice to meet you today

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    Colt Commander

I can buy them or you can, which ever works best for you. If it is the one in your photo album I happen to have a nice set of white dot sights for that already that are brand new.

Or if you wanted to spend a bit more I could mill it for Novaks :)

Cost on refinishing: the slide is $65.00 and the frame would be $80.00 if you want me to take it apart and reassemble.
    If you bring me a bare frame it is $65.00 also.

Thanks for asking

The slide (sides) has some damage near the end (like previous owner put in a vice?), not sure if could be ground to clean up (or even add serrations, like a Colt XSE, to help mask any pits below the surface?)?

picture.php

The other side is a little worse (I would not want to get into any of the Colt marks):
    picture.php

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I would have to take a look at it to know about the damage but I can cut the serrations

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Okay, I just about got my workbench finished in my garage. I hope to start working on the pistol soon. Once I have it de-horned and get the front strap on, I will contact you about finishing it.

How far backed up are you?

I need 3 or 4 days notice. Plus if you want a color i don't have on hand that would take 3 to 4 days to get in.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I need 3 or 4 days notice. Plus if you want a color i don't have on hand that would take 3 to 4 days to get in.

Ah, yes. That is a decision I still need to make.:dunno: I keep looking at different 1911's to see what I really like and the problem is I like a lot of the color schemes. It's just deciding which one I want to live with!

I used to paint trucks at GM a long time ago. Back then certain colors laid down better than others. Have you noticed any particular color(s) turning out better than others?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Ah, yes. That is a decision I still need to make.:dunno: I keep looking at different 1911's to see what I really like and the problem is I like a lot of the color schemes. It's just deciding which one I want to live with!

I used to paint trucks at GM a long time ago. Back then certain colors laid down better than others. Have you noticed any particular color(s) turning out better than others?

seems like the solid colors are a bit smoother than the metallic color and I think they will be more durable in the long run.
    But they all spray out and look good when done.....so far :)

evill150

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    nwi
    Allen that work you did on that colt is amazing! So what are the possibilities with that cerakote? ( noobie here). Have you done an ak b4? I'm really interested in getting a quote from you for that kinda job. Sights on an ak? Also I read that there are colors available?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen that work you did on that colt is amazing! So what are the possibilities with that cerakote? ( noobie here). Have you done an ak b4? I'm really interested in getting a quote from you for that kinda job. Sights on an ak? Also I read that there are colors available?

Thanks, I have not done am AK as of yet. No reason that it would be an issue though.
    As far as sights go there are upgrade options out there. Do you have a set in mind?
    Whatever you chose I can install them for you.

Here are the colors available:
    Cerakote Coatings: Finishes

There is also a photo gallery on that website that might help give some custom ideas for your gun.

Top Bottom