• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I just bought a Sig P238 and am wondering what other owners of this gun have found regarding best ammo. Has anyone else experimented with the various brands and found one or two that are not a wise purchase? For example, in my Glock I discovered that Corbon was just a little too short to eject well, so I stay away from those.

I plan on purchasing several different manufactures and seeing which I like best, but if I have an idea of which to stay away from then I have more money to spend on good stuff!

thanks!

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I did not have very good luck with hydra shocks or Powerball. tried them after the break in period and still had random FTE. Best I have found thus far is Aguila HP and PDX1.

Golden Sabers feed and eject well but accuracy is horrible. Still cant figure that one out.

FMJ consistant feeding.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Right now, I carry Hornady Critical Defense in my 380s. I've carried my P238 with hot Corbon high power 90g rounds and they worked well, but are not that easy to find. I like to fire all of my carry ammo after around 6 months of carry and replace with fresh ammo. Critical Defense rounds seem to be available all the time, so that is what I've settled on. It works well in my P238 and gets good reviews in terms of expansion.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Hornady Critical Defense ammo. I was at a Hornady ballistic gelatin shoot on Tuesday of this week. They shot five rounds of this stuff into the gelatin. All five expanded beautifully to about .50 caliber and all five penetrated between 11 and 12 inches of gelatin out of a P238. It was very impressive performance from a .380.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Hornandy CD is the best defensive ammo out there imo. I carry it in all my edc weapons. No core/jacket seperation and beautiful controlled expansion! Great defensive round!

Top Bottom