• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Hey guys! I have a problem that I've spent WAY too much time trying to figure out. I want to mount a Holosun HS507C-X2 w/ ACSS Vulcan to my P365XL. The P365XL has a "RMSc footprint". I need to convert that footprint to a regular RMR footprint for the optic. I don't know if my Googlefu is this bad, but all I can find is some no-name "Outer Impact Adapter Plate" on Amazon for $60. Does anybody out there know the BEST way to achieve this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    The Holosun 507C seems like a bulky optic for the P365XL. It will over hang the slide. I opted for the 507K on my P365XL as it is a slimmer design (by .25") and fits the RMSc footprint. I know they do not make it with the ACSS reticle, so if that is what you are wanting then you will need to figure out the mounting situation. Be advised....when I just looked up the mounting plate you are talking about it says it does not fit the P365XL. Also, any mounting plate you add will raise the optic height and then you will need suppressor height sights if you want to co-witness. With my set up the stock sights cowitness with the 507K

If you really want to improve that P365XL, port the barrel :) ZR Tactical did this for me and it really takes the remaining snap out of the gun. I have had zero issues with the gun after the barrel porting.

Attachments

• 11DC17D0-6272-46FB-8EB1-F31FFB47839E.JPG
      11DC17D0-6272-46FB-8EB1-F31FFB47839E.JPG
      155.3 KB · Views: 16
    • 9E10B7EB-B1D6-4F41-B8E0-A3369FB2F648.JPG
      9E10B7EB-B1D6-4F41-B8E0-A3369FB2F648.JPG
      218.1 KB · Views: 16

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I happened across a machined slide and optic set up for mine.
    Probably not the cheapest way but it was easy.

Nice. Yeah I hope to avoid that. Ha ha!

The Holosun 507C seems like a bulky optic for the P365XL. It will over hang the slide. I opted for the 507K on my P365XL as it is a slimmer design (by .25") and fits the RMSc footprint. I know they do not make it with the ACSS reticle, so if that is what you are wanting then you will need to figure out the mounting situation. Be advised....when I just looked up the mounting plate you are talking about it says it does not fit the P365XL. Also, any mounting plate you add will raise the optic height and then you will need suppressor height sights if you want to co-witness. With my set up the stock sights cowitness with the 507K

If you really want to improve that P365XL, port the barrel :) ZR Tactical did this for me and it really takes the remaining snap out of the gun. I have had zero issues with the gun after the barrel porting.

You are correct. I understand the C is wider than the K. I really wish the Vulcan reticle were available in the K configuration. I'm thinking I'd be ok with the extra quarter inch though if I can make it happen.

Regarding the plate adapter on Amazon, It's specifically advertised for the P365XL....

Outerimpact Red Dot Adapter Mount for Sig Sauer P365XL

I'm just not sure of it's quality since it's literally the only plate I can find out there.

Did ZR do your grip work too? That looks awesome.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Ok....I missed that one on Amazon. Still cant say I am a fan of the adapter mounting plates. Especially with the cowitness issue they create.

ZR did not do the grip work. I have a friend who does laser engraving and he took care of it for me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ok....I missed that one on Amazon. Still cant say I am a fan of the adapter mounting plates. Especially with the cowitness issue they create.

ZR did not do the grip work. I have a friend who does laser engraving and he took care of it for me.
    Your friend could make a few bucks doing 365 & 320 grip modules. No real liability since the grip module is not the firearm.

Not sure if he's already in business or not, but could be lucrative.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    H8fdxZl.jpg

I had a adaptor plate for a P320 (early one only cut for the original proprietary Romeo) that sat as high up as the Outer impact one does. I cannot say I cared for it at all and it could very well make finding holsters even harder.

I am sure this is probably not the answer you wanted , but I would just get a 507K and be done with it personally.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I had the same issue/question and contacted Holosun. They gave me the name of a company to check with regarding an adapter plate and stated if that company could not help they knew of no other possibilities. That company did not have anything so I went with the K.

Top Bottom