• ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    ***DISCLAIMER***
    Im not a photographer, and this is not a "review"... Just sharing some thoughts.

I picked up the Macro yesterday. Probably my favorite offering in the 365 line to date (haven't shot it yet). Compared to the other 365s, the grip feels much better in my hand. For the slightly bigger grip and increased mag capacity I don't think the added size is too much of an issue.

Ive shot the spectre comp quite a bit, and i shoot it much better than the regular 365xl. Is it the comp? Is it the trigger? I can't really say, but the Spectre comp is much more "shootable". The recoil impulse is definitely better. It's not tamed a ton, but the comp does have a noticeable difference (I would say the advertised 20% is accurate). Will report back one I shoot it, but again I'm sure it will shoot just like the Spectre if not better with the larger grip.

Trigger in the Macro feels the same as the regular 365xl. It's not terrible, but it's not great either. The Spectre comp trigger is smoother, and you can tell they did work on it.

I ended up grabbing a holosun 507k and a TLR7a to throw on this gun. I also ordered an appendix right from Trex arms with the spare mag attachment. I typically carry a g17 with an x300v in an appendix holster and this is obviously much more comfortable.

I will attach some photos for you all to check out the size comparisons.

Cheers. 68237042818__D677E0F4-4FB0-4AAE-8191-C5C92B2FEB62.jpg 68237043926__239ED4A9-9BB9-4B59-8247-C57422CB7060.jpg IMG_9947.jpg
    IMG_9948.jpg
    IMG_9949.jpg

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I have to say I’ve never cared for the 365…. Just didn’t like it. I handled one of these today and mine should be here shortly!!! Felt good in the hand and like the way it’s configured . Congrats and enjoy!!
    Same to you. I’m honestly surprised Sig got these out so fast. Typically their releases don’t see LGS for months. Let’s hope we don’t see recalls… LOL

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Same to you. I’m honestly surprised Sig got these out so fast. Typically their releases don’t see LGS for months. Let’s hope we don’t see recalls… LOL
    This is pretty much just a variant of the 365/XL, with a grip module that can handle 17 round mag, and slide with a comp cut into it, etc.
    So some new parts (17 round mag, etc), but overall not like they would have to completely ramp up production of a new gun (especially serial numbered part). I would think that would have made it much quicker to bring to market.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    This is pretty much just a variant of the 365/XL, with a grip module that can handle 17 round mag, and slide with a comp cut into it, etc.
    So some new parts (17 round mag, etc), but overall not like they would have to completely ramp up production of a new gun (especially serial numbered part). I would think that would have made it much quicker to bring to market.
    Valid point. I guess I was referring to the 365xl spectre comp and the 320 spectre comp. Those are still unobtanium at LGS.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Last edited:

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    To give reference I typically carry a full-size g17 with a dual port comp from PMM. Also on it is an x300v and a SRO. It’s a big gun, and it’s not super comfortable. But I carry it because if I for some reason got in a gun fight I’d want all the advantages it offers. I shot that g17 and the new Macro today. I can say the macro shot great, and I’ll be carrying it from now on. I actually shot better groups with the macro than that Glock that I have thousands of rounds through. The presentation is different and I’ll have to relearn that with reps. Other than that, I’m super happy with the way this gun shot.

Definitely a believer. I think the grip along with the comp makes it an extremely shootable gun ( not even “for the size”). Recoil impulse was obviously a little better on my he comped Glock, but the sig wasn’t that far off (in felt recoil). Very possible the grip fit my hand better and that allowed me to apply better fundamentals.

Added a picture of the Glock for reference. I carried this in a trex arms IWB appendix holster for years. It’s such a relief to be able to sit down with the macro and not have to adjust the belt clips.

Attachments

• 926A16AB-D3EF-4F18-9524-0162822B1439.jpeg
      926A16AB-D3EF-4F18-9524-0162822B1439.jpeg
      345.6 KB · Views: 23

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Honestly I am going to build one , I love the concept but detest the "comp". If it's not attached to the barrel it's not a real comp IMHO and bothers me. This is the excuse I need to get a FCU , a Macro frame and a P365X slide and barrel with a 507 K. Would make a perfect beater gun

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am an avid fan of the P365XL. It has been my EDC for years now. I upgraded to the Spectre Comp when it came out and I love that gun.

I was able to get my hands on a X-Macro yesterday and I am going to upgrade again to it. Is is barely larger in the grip than the XL and hold 17 rounds! This is the future. I am on board.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am an avid fan of the P365XL. It has been my EDC for years now. I upgraded to the Spectre Comp when it came out and I love that gun.

I was able to get my hands on a X-Macro yesterday and I am going to upgrade again to it. Is is barely larger in the grip than the XL and hold 17 rounds! This is the future. I am on board.
    I recently got a spectre comp myself. I'm just going to wait for Wilson combat to come out with the macro grip.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I recently got a spectre comp myself. I'm just going to wait for Wilson combat to come out with the macro grip.
    That's what I'd do as well. I'm surprised alot of folks who already have a 365 of some flavor aren't saying the same thing. Just wait on the grip modules to become available (especially WC) and get the choice of adding 2 rounds with just a change of evening wear for their existing gun.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That's what I'd do as well. I'm surprised alot of folks who already have a 365 of some flavor aren't saying the same thing. Just wait on the grip modules to become available (especially WC) and get the choice of adding 2 rounds with just a change of evening wear for their existing gun.

Maybe it's just me but I hate having spare parts around , plus at this point the only thing I don't really love about the P365 family is the trigger so I might standardize on it. Though admittingly I am a bit of a trigger snob , especially on pistols. Need to get an spare of my EDC P365x honestly too.

Top Bottom