• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have watched bunches of his videos for a long time. Did anyone else notice that he was almost surprised that it worked so well? Or maybe he was disappointed that it appears to be a better choice, in some ways than his beloved G26? Whatever it was, he was impressed, but I felt like he thought waiting a few months before purchase might not be a bad idea. Just in case.

Comiskeybum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2017
    South Bend
    And that's fine. But my pre order stands. No one else is making a gun like this with this capacity. Its perfect for me and my daily routine. I will not cancel my pre order and give up the amazing price I paid. They can take some time and get it right and when I do take delivery of course ill test it out and make sure it's good to go before I EDC it.

Comiskeybum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2017
    South Bend
    From Phil Strader

We’re pleased to announce that the P365 has resumed shipping. Thanks to great customer feedback, we were able to make helpful tweaks to the platform. This includes shipping all new P365s with our X-Ray 3 day/night sights. Owners who are experiencing any issues with their original P365 SIGLITE sights can contact customer service to have X-Ray 3s shipped to them at no charge. We have also made minor spring adjustments to address isolated incidents of failure to battery (FTB) which are directly related to the off-center/light primer strikes. While we believe some of the FTBs could be the result of varying grip issues, everyone will benefit from this adjustment. Finally, in order to curb the potential of barrel or slide wear in pistols with a tighter tolerance stack, we have made two relief cuts to the barrel. Though this wear is only cosmetic and has been determined by tireless R&D efforts to confirm that it has no relationship with some of the issues experienced, these cuts will minimize most show of wear. SIG SAUER appreciates the excitement around this game-changing pistol, and we look forward to your continued support and helpful feedback.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    Finally put a few rounds through mine for the first time last night...around 250rds of 4-5 different types of ammo, including 2 different types of JHP. No hiccups at all, but I will be getting ahold of Sig to get the X-ray sight since my front sight was DOA.

I also didn’t notice anything abnormal while cleaning it when I got home, but only time will tell on this one apparently.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Well, I must admit to “jumping the gun” and paying too much to acquire one of these. As a guy who doesn’t carry because I’ve never really been comfortable carrying even a compact, first impression is that this is the perfect intersection of size vs. capacity. It points well, feels good in the hands, and seems to be tight and very well made. IF it’s reliable and I can shoot it well, this could be “the one”.

ifmurphy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Considering I carry my SR9c because of all the same reasons this Sig was made, I think the Sig is perfect, provided it is 100% reliable.

It is a Sig awe’re discussing here...I was comparing it. I also like the idea of 10 round capacity. Went with an LC9s for now, for ultralight weight and Ruger trigger/ergos

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I had a chance to work with this pistol at home quite a bit tonight (please note, no ammo was present).

I’m left eye dominant, and have always shot a pistol right-handed. Like I did with bowling several years ago, I have recently decided to switch to shooting pistols left-handed. I always considered it a huge asset to have ambidextrous controls, but I believe this pistol, though it lacks ambidextrous controls, has an unexpected pleasant surprise for left-handed shooters. One very notable characteristic of this pistol is how short the grip frame is between the inside of the trigger guard and the slide. I mean, there’s almost nothing there. The bore axis of this thing is super low. Right-handed shooters’ thumbs have been causing some problems with the slide release. When you grip it right-handed, you can really feel the takedown lever and slide release. When you grip it left-handed, the thumbs have a nice smooth place to land.

The grip feels really excellent. Most really small grips are uncomfortable for me, because the trigger goes so far back that I feel like my finger has to curl around too much to squeeze them. There’s a big gap between the trigger and the grip when the trigger is all the way back. This makes the gun feel larger than it is, and really seems to help with control. I like the sort of “half there” finger grooves. I think they’ll work for lots of different people.

The magazine release is in an ideal location for me. No need to alter grip to depress it, but the short grip means you have to get your smallest two fingers well clear or the magazine won’t drop out freely. Fortunately, it’s easy to grab if necessary.

The trigger is really very decent. I’m glad it doesn’t have a dingus. I’m not a dingus kind of guy. I measured mine right at 6 pounds. That’s about as light as I would want it to be, but it’s just long enough, I feel, to strike a good balance between easy shootability and safety. The reset is clicky, and not ultra-short. I like that, as well.

The sights are about as good as you could hope for on a tiny pistol. There’s a good light gap when they are aligned, and the tritium vials are pinpoint tiny, but very bright.

I can’t really say much about size vs. capacity that hasn’t been said all over the web already, but holding this in my hands and knowing it’s a 10+1 is really mind-blowing. I mean, there’s nothing else like it. I’m sure every gun manufacturer that wants to compete already has one in their possession and they’re reverse-engineering it and trying to figure out how to get around Sig’s magazine patent. It’s that good. If they get these things to run reliably (I have no reason to believe they won’t, if they haven’t already), this pistol is going to make a huge dent in the civilian and law-enforcement markets.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a chance to work with this pistol at home quite a bit tonight (please note, no ammo was present).

I’m left eye dominant, and have always shot a pistol right-handed. Like I did with mine several years ago, I have recently decided to switch to shooting pistols left-handed. I always considered it a huge asset to have ambidextrous controls, but I believe this pistol, no at lax ambidextrous controls, has an unexpected pleasant surprise for left-handed shooters. One very notable characteristic of this pistol is how short the grip frame is between the inside of the trigger guard and the slide. I mean, there’s almost nothing there. The bore axis of this thing is super low. Right-handed shooter‘s thumbs have been causing some problems with the slide release. When you grip it right-handed, you can really feel all the takedown lever and slide release. When you grip it left-handed, the thumbs have a nice smooth place to land.

The magazine release is in an ideal location for me. No need to alter grip to depress it, but the short grip means you have to get your smallest two fingers well clear or the magazine won’t drop out freely. Fortunately, it’s easy to grab if necessary.

The trigger is really very decent. I’m glad it doesn’t have a dingus. I’m not a dingus kind of guy. I measured mine right at 6 pounds. That’s about as light as I would want it to be, but it’s just long enough, I feel to strike a good balance between easy shootability and safety. The reset is clicky, and not ultra short. I like that, as well.

The sights are about as good as you could hope for on a tiny pistol. There’s a good light gap when they are aligned, and the tritium vials are pinpoint tiny, but very bright.

I can’t really say much about size vs. capacity that hasn’t been said all over the web already, but holding this in my hands and knowing it’s a 10+1 is really mind-blowing. I mean, there’s nothing else like it. I’m sure every gun manufacturer that wants to compete already has one in their possession and they’re reverse-engineering it and trying to figure out how to get around Sig’s magazine patent. It’s that good. If they get these things run reliably (I have no reason to believe they won’t, if they haven’t already), this pistol is going to make a huge dent in the civilian and law-enforcement markets.

You measured your dingus at six pounds?

Impressive!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am so anxious to get my hands on the P365. I have had one on order from Brownells since they were announced. Glad Sig stopped shipping and made the necessary changes, but it has only added to my excitement. I see thy are “in the wild” now with some INGO members. Where did you guys get yours??? Anyone got a shipping notification on their Brownells pre-order?

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    I am so anxious to get my hands on the P365. I have had one on order from Brownells since they were announced. Glad Sig stopped shipping and made the necessary changes, but it has only added to my excitement. I see thy are “in the wild” now with some INGO members. Where did you guys get yours??? Anyone got a shipping notification on their Brownells pre-order?
    Picked mine up arc Ft.Liberty a while back, but it’s currently at Sig getting all the upgrades. My front sight and a rear sight were dead, only issue I had with it after having a couple hundred rounds through it.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

I got mine from In-Laws and Outlaws. I paid a premium for it, but figured when my preorder showed up from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore or if I get lucky locally and find one, I could sell the second and make some of that up.

Sig resumed production on Monday, 2/19 and my gun was built Friday, 2/23. I haven't shot it yet, but it does have all the upgrades.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I was able to handle one (had the upgraded X-Ray sights) locally here in Columbus at Watson's today when I went in for a quick range session. It is definitely a small package. Feels exceptionally good in the hands with the extended base pad. Trigger is okay. Definitely not as good as what I anticipated, but shootable for sure. I was able to size compare it to a G43 and Shield right next to it on the display. Very comparable in size. I love my G43, and have always liked the Shield, but I think they've really hit a homerun with the P365. I passed on purchasing it only because for once in my life, I don't want to be the guinea pig, and will wait to see how the upgrades pan out.

Top Bottom