• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Acquired a Sig P365 not too long ago and finally got to the range today to give it a try...using Remington Range 115 gr FMJ....It shot just fine, no issued at all except once if failed to go into battery...thought maybe that was a bad round....when I got home, I decided to field strip and clean/lube it....

When I took out the guide rod, spring assembly, imagine my surprise to discover that a pretty large piece of the small end of the rod was broken off....I have no idea if that happened today or if it was that way when I got it....I didn't find the broken off piece in the pistol...I researched and haven't found anyone else who has had this issue.....I am hoping it was just a defective rod and not something more serious that made it break off...Sent Sig an email and will follow up Monday with a call to see what if anything they will do about this....I have heard they have pretty good customer service, so I have my fingers crossed....

sig3 (2).JPG sig3 (1).JPG

user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    So it didn't go into battery one time but continued working after that one hiccup?

If you didn't find the piece in the frame then I'd guess you got it like that. I don't think there's any other way for that piece to come out otherwise.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    So it didn't go into battery one time but continued working after that one hiccup?

If you didn't find the piece in the frame then I'd guess you got it like that. I don't think there's any other way for that piece to come out otherwise.
    Yes, it functioned as normal after the failure so that made me think it was just a bad casing or something...not sure now...maybe I am second guessing things...

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    UPDATE: I called Sig Sauer customer service yesterday and told them about the above guide rod issue....the representative asked if it was new or used...since I had fired it, I told her it had been used....she told me that Sig Sauer doesn't warranty used guns, but they would sell me a new guide rod/spring assembly with a 10% discount...I said if I had never shot it then would be under warranty but since it's been fired there is no warranty??? She said yes, that's about it since we have no way of knowing how it was treated and/or maintained...she then asked if I wanted to purchase the new guide rod....I said no, I don't...So, that's it for me ever considering a Sig Sauer anything....if they can't stand behind their products, I want no part of them ever again....what a disappointment they are....lesson learned.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    UPDATE: I called Sig Sauer customer service yesterday and told them about the above guide rod issue....the representative asked if it was new or used...since I had fired it, I told her it had been used
    Maybe there's a miscommunication. If you bought the gun new, it was a new gun. A "used" gun means someone else owned it prior to you.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Did you purchase it used? If so, they will not cover it. If you are the original purchaser, then they will cover it. Maybe she misunderstood and thought you purchased it used?

SIG SAUER warrants that the enclosed firearm was originally manufactured free of defects in material, workmanship, and mechanical function. For the lifetime of the original purchaser, SIG SAUER agrees to correct any defect in the firearm for the original purchaser by repair, adjustment, or replacement, at SIG SAUER’s option, with the same or comparable quality components (or by replacing the firearm at SIG SAUER’s option); provided however that a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is first obtained by contacting SIG SAUER Customer Service, and the firearm is returned unloaded and freight prepaid to SIG SAUER at 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Obviously a factory defect that they should be happy to correct. A friend had a new 365 that the trigger just went dead after about 200 rounds. Kick them to the curb and don't look back. As an aside, how could they possibly know if you were the original owner or the 10 owner for that matter and why should it matter.?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Obviously a factory defect that they should be happy to correct. A friend had a new 365 that the trigger just went dead after about 200 rounds. Kick them to the curb and don't look back. As an aside, how could they possibly know if you were the original owner or the 10 owner for that matter and why should it matter.?
    Agreed, unless someone else has done some kind of warranty registration with that serial number they would not.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I would think there engineering dept would like to have that guide rod back for inspection. You probably just got ahold of a CSR Who didn't really know how to handle the situation
    Well to be fair, the OP didn't answer the question correctly, and yes, the CSR doesn't appear to have asked for clarification (if the OP said it was used because they had shot it).

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    As an aside, PSA is not nearly as big as Sig but much more customer oriented. I had one small issue with one of their pistols. They asked me to submit a photo of the problem to CS on their website(front site came off) and one question, what my address was. I received the part 3 days later USPS. I am really tired of the "big me little you" attitude that some of the manufacturers have lately and one bad experience is enough for me to pop smoke and disappear from their customer base.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Same thing happened to me years ago when 365's first came out and has having striker breaking issues. Mine broke third shot, I had bought it used on Ingo. Called SIG and also answered I bought it used and SIG offered to sell me a $50 pre-paid return label, I said no. I waited a couple hours called back got a much friendlier sounding CSR and told my story, then said it is a sad world when I am being charged for being honest.
    I was sent a pre-paid label no charge. Once returned and function checked it was sold, SIG and I have parted forever.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    Do other gun companies do this? I've got a TC that is old and has had a few owners. They were more than glad to send me parts to fix it. Also, Mossberg is good about fixing used guns.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    As an aside, how could they possibly know if you were the original owner or the 10 owner for that matter and why should it matter.?
    Well if the original owner get any rebate or factory freebe (like the free ammo and magazine promotion sig did on the 365) then sig has the serial number and can tell that the gun has had more than one owner

I was actually the 3rd owner of a Springfield xd45 and nobody had done the 3 free mag promo (3 mags a mag pouch and range bag) so I dummied up a receipt from the shop I worked at and got the free stuff

Last edited:
    Top Bottom