• Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    SIG has a few problems here.

First, they are entering a market already flooded with single stack 9 millimeters.

Second, the street price is almost double that of some of the most popular single stack 9 millimeters.

Third, the appeal of the original SIG P229 was in its balance in the hand. With the newer stainless slides, many of their guns lose the balance that gave the originals their reputation.

If I wanted a P225, it would be one of the originals for about $100 less.

Plus, like most people, I want a Legion anyway and that will be taking whatever funds I decide to use to buy my next handgun.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Interesting, I would love to have an original p6 wish they where still in the 300 range and I love me some sigs but 1100 is a bit out of my price range but its cool that they are releasing it again.

Correct, the P6 aren't dirt cheap anymore, but they are still less than half of the $1,100 MSRP

I Got one from ZX for $250 when they were first imported, and that came with a spare mag, pouch for the spare mag, and duty holster... But I guarantee the new one will have a much nicer trigger. The P6 trigger is best described as "serviceable".

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The new 225A1 feels better than the P6/225 IMO, a lot better. Just more like a single stack 229, and is more comfortable than the 239, just IMO.

Expensive yes, single stack yes, but I'll still end up getting one when they offer it with a threaded barrel and sell my M11A1 to fund it. It fits me that much better and the single stack part doesn't bother me.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Sig makes some good quality stuff...but $1100 for a re-release is ridiculous. Price is the main reason I own Glock and Ruger pistols instead of Sig Sauer Pistols!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    as much as I love sig's I don't get the new 225, if I want a single stack 9mm, id carry a 239, (its 125 bucks less) if I wanted a full size single stack, id carry a 220(its 130 bucks less), sigs just wanting to make a gun for "nostalgic purposes"

the 225 is the solution to a problem that doesn't exist!

and I love sigs!...but I think kirk freeman said it best (for this case only) ron choen needs to be "krav maga punched" in the throat!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got to handle one today and it's a really nice pistol. Grip felt great and the whole gun was rock solid. The one I looked at had NS and was priced at 959.00.

Top Bottom