• ...and so much more!
  • SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    Hi guys,
    I was out yesterday putting a few rounds thru my EDC 365.
    I had a round that did not chamber all the way and I went, WOW, I do not like this in my EDC.
    Pushed back of slide and it chamberd and fired, I shot 1 or 2 more rounds and it did it again.
    So I go back inside and tear it down and finally figure out that the large recoil spring has the first coil out of place.
    Like it has started to come unwound. Sig is sending a replacement but my confidence in the 365 is shaken.
    Anybody else have this problem or heard of it ?

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    I know that the 365 had some problems early on and waited till they had them solved before buying one last year. Then this happens!

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    My daughter and I each have about 1,000 rounds through our respective P365s. I just bought a brand new P365XL. I've owned several Sigs over the last 20+ years. I have faith in them. Make sure there are no metal flaws in the slide/barrel that could have contributed to this. Put the new spring in. Test it. If it passes, forget about. Failure happens. Be thankful it was at the range, not when you really needed your EDC.
    FWIW, I always leave my carry guns box-stock. No modifications. The only gun I've ever had fail was a P14*45. It went full auto, and would have emptied the magazine if the slide and barrel hadn't gotten launched down range. THAT is a failure. I got stitches. The gun got junked.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Never had any issues with any springs , aside from the very first batch of guns in 2018 having bad heat treat on strikers the guns have had no issues to my knowledge. The only thing they did to eliminate the original striker drag was put an angle cut on the end of the striker.

Reactions: SSE

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Mine has been flawless but springs are a wear item and I plan on replacing mine in another 1000 rounds or so.

Reactions: SSE

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Hi guys,
    I had a round that did not chamber all the way and I went, WOW, I do not like this in my EDC.
    Pushed back of slide and it chamberd and fired, I shot 1 or 2 more rounds and it did it again.
    So I go back inside and tear it down and finally figure out that the large recoil spring has the first coil out of place.
    Like it has started to come unwound. Sig is sending a replacement but my confidence in the 365 is shaken.
    Sounds like a major issue. I'd get rid of it for around $150 to me. Cash in hand.

Obviously kidding. You got a fluke....these things run forever with minimal issues.

Throw the new (free) spring in and shoot the crap out of it. You'll be glad you did.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    It’s no secret polymer sig is basically an overpriced Taurus. I don’t dislike them and do love their metal offerings. Just wish they would actually do some quality control and testing instead of rushing things to market and have multiple problems.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    It’s no secret polymer sig is basically an overpriced Taurus. I don’t dislike them and do love their metal offerings. Just wish they would actually do some quality control and testing instead of rushing things to market and have multiple problems.
    That's not just a Sig thing. Seems to me there are quite a few firearms companies that use the early buyers of their new models as beta testers.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Sounds like a major issue. I'd get rid of it for around $150 to me. Cash in hand.

Obviously kidding. You got a fluke....these things run forever with minimal issues.

Throw the new (free) spring in and shoot the crap out of it. You'll be glad you did.
    I’d agree with this statement. I have had zero issues with mine and completely trust it.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Hi guys,
    How many rounds on it?

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    I've had a couple 365s over the past couple years. Both of then ran absolutely flawless. I'd say just bad luck man no matter how good somthing is every now and then a bad part happens.

michelob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    NE Indiana
    This is interesting to me. I am researching and considering buying an X or XL to become my edc. I hope you have good luck with the replacement spring.

Top Bottom