• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree that none of us should have to accept it, but here's the hypocrisy... You don't want anything shoved in your face, yet you will take every chance you get to shove your idiotic religion into other people's faces. It's not holy scripture, it's bronze-age fiction and myth borrowed from other cultures and religions. The bible is filled with glaring contradictions. Stories of babies heads being bashed against rocks, and I think there's one where, after some battle where they destroy an entire city, God tells Moses to have his troops kill all the women who aren't virgins, and take the virgins for themselves, am I right? Can you imagine how they figured out who was and wasn't a virgin? You would have to forcefully "examine" the women to do that. That's not only perverted, it's down right horrible and violent. There is zero morality and ethics and principle to your "holy scripture" crap.
    Probably should slow your roll. This isn’t the Christian bashing forum. You can be a non-believer and not be an ******* about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You aren't speaking an opinion, you are speaking as if what you are saying is fact, and it isn't. A pedophile and a gay person aren't the same. What I commented on is in the bible and can be read, so again, that's a fact, not an opinion. I've probably read more of the bible than you and most of your church brethren have, because you guys skip the parts that don't support your views and take the parts that do support your views completely out of context. You have no issue with a nutjob standing on a street corner, preaching through a loudspeaker about how god is going to punish us all, but if you see 2 women holding hands walking down the street, all you feel is hate. With that said, I'd rather hang out with the 2 gay women than with a hater.
    Isn’t your interpretation an opinion? I don’t agree with gregr’s opinion either. If you believe it’s an opinion why not just move on.

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    Yes, so hopefully he's willing to discuss it openly rather than making pot shots here.
    So, I'm taking "pot shots," but saying "you're just lost buddy" is NOT a pot shot? Ok then. And I'm not lost, YOU are. And JSCR, how am I "in a hole?" Just because you can't think rationally doesn't mean I'm taking pot shots, that I'm lost or that I'm not making a valid point. But I'm done here. No need to argue with adults who believe in fairy tales and hate people they don't understand, then turn around and consider themselves "right" simply because their tiny egoes can't take a hit.

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    Probably should slow your roll. This isn’t the Christian bashing forum. You can be a non-believer and not be an ******* about it.
    Speaking the truth is being an ****hole, huh? I will agree this is the wrong forum though, so I'm out. Move it or delete it if you want to.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, I'm taking "pot shots," but saying "you're just lost buddy" is NOT a pot shot? Ok then. And I'm not lost, YOU are. And JSCR, how am I "in a hole?" Just because you can't think rationally doesn't mean I'm taking pot shots, that I'm lost or that I'm not making a valid point. But I'm done here. No need to argue with adults who believe in fairy tales and hate people they don't understand, then turn around and consider themselves "right" simply because their tiny egoes can't take a hit.
    Well. Yeah. You kinda are being an *******. You’re obviously offended and you’re coming off like you’re offended.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I present to you an example why saying, "the Bible says..." is not sufficient in all cases, and why the fire and brimstone street preachers are unintentionally hurting the cause of the Gospel.

You aren't speaking an opinion, you are speaking as if what you are saying is fact, and it isn't. A pedophile and a gay person aren't the same. What I commented on is in the bible and can be read, so again, that's a fact, not an opinion. I've probably read more of the bible than you and most of your church brethren have, because you guys skip the parts that don't support your views and take the parts that do support your views completely out of context. You have no issue with a nutjob standing on a street corner, preaching through a loudspeaker about how god is going to punish us all, but if you see 2 women holding hands walking down the street, all you feel is hate. With that said, I'd rather hang out with the 2 gay women than with a hater.
    Wait - looking at your username, I see you're a self-described hater. :):

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Everything you just said is your opinion, and you`re certainly entitled to believe whatever you choose to believe. You sound angry and maybe bitter. Only you know why, but that`s ok too. Sorry I`ve offended you, but, I will keep speaking truth, even if it is upsetting to you. What you read in the Bible must be in the context of why it`s there, what the language meant at the time of the writing, and what the Lord intended. Some of what God does may indeed seem harsh to someone who is unrepentant of their sin and isn`t interested in knowing Him, or understanding Him. Again, it`s your choice to believe or not, and to accept Him or not. He will certainly honor your decision. Burt since you`ve set the precedent by implying you believe what you`ve read in the Bible, it also says in Holy Scripture that one day, every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess Jesus as Lord. Even those who are hell bound will finally acknowledge that Jesus is the Lion of Judah, the Lord of all. For your own sake, I would just ask that you take a deep breath, and consider the Truth of the Bible.

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    Speaking the truth is being an ****hole, huh? I will agree this is the wrong forum though, so I'm out. Move it or delete it if you want to.
    But I do have to ask, is this the correct forum to even post about that flag at the U.N. in the first place? If you look at that original post, it's totally hater and bashing. But I'm an easier target I suppose.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    kuplW0m.gif

I like being on INGO, so time to leave this.

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    I present to you an example why saying, "the Bible says..." is not sufficient in all cases, and why the fire and brimstone street preachers are unintentionally hurting the cause of the Gospel.

Wait - looking at your username, I see you're a self-described hater. :):
    Yeah, I don't like cats. Way to gain a point for calling me out on that, you are correct.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    No one that I`ve heard here "hates" anyone. It`s not "hate" to say something is wrong. You`re too emotional about this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. speaking the truth isn’t the being an ******* part. The overt insults is the bulk of the ******* part. I’m not a believer either. Just argue the points. Keep the personal jabs out of it. If you think they’re hurling personal jabs there’s a report button.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree that none of us should have to accept it, but here's the hypocrisy... You don't want anything shoved in your face, yet you will take every chance you get to shove your idiotic religion into other people's faces. It's not holy scripture, it's bronze-age fiction and myth borrowed from other cultures and religions. The bible is filled with glaring contradictions. Stories of babies heads being bashed against rocks, and I think there's one where, after some battle where they destroy an entire city, God tells Moses to have his troops kill all the women who aren't virgins, and take the virgins for themselves, am I right? Can you imagine how they figured out who was and wasn't a virgin? You would have to forcefully "examine" the women to do that. That's not only perverted, it's down right horrible and violent. There is zero morality and ethics and principle to your "holy scripture" crap.
    Man oh man.
    Step away from the key board and take breath.
    Many of us are of the christian leaning. If you are not I/we are ll good with that but you need to stow that attitude. This is not the place for it.

Stand down please.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But I do have to ask, is this the correct forum to even post about that flag at the U.N. in the first place? If you look at that original post, it's totally hater and bashing. But I'm an easier target I suppose.
    I don’t have a problem with gays. I’m not a Christian or religious at all. I don’t think it’s a choice. It’s just what it is. I don’t agree with the title of the thread. But, I do not want the rainbow flag flying at our embassies. The reason has nothing to do with an opinion about gays. No flag other than the US flag belongs flying over our embassies. Period. There is no rational reason to fly it there. There are only ideological reasons and our nation’s government must stay neutral on ideology. Just as it must stay neutral on religion.

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    Everything you just said is your opinion, and you`re certainly entitled to believe whatever you choose to believe. You sound angry and maybe bitter. Only you know why, but that`s ok too. Sorry I`ve offended you, but, I will keep speaking truth, even if it is upsetting to you. What you read in the Bible must be in the context of why it`s there, what the language meant at the time of the writing, and what the Lord intended. Some of what God does may indeed seem harsh to someone who is unrepentant of their sin and isn`t interested in knowing Him, or understanding Him. Again, it`s your choice to believe or not, and to accept Him or not. He will certainly honor your decision. Burt since you`ve set the precedent by implying you believe what you`ve read in the Bible, it also says in Holy Scripture that one day, every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess Jesus as Lord. Even those who are hell bound will finally acknowledge that Jesus is the Lion of Judah, the Lord of all. For your own sake, I would just ask that you take a deep breath, and consider the Truth of the Bible.
    Nope, I'm not angry or bitter at all. Enjoy your religion, but please, don't force it on others and try to stop hating people by using your religion as an excuse to do so, ok? You are not speaking the truth when you say a ped is the same as a gay person, period. Bashing babies heads against rocks IS harsh. Killing the non-virgins and saving the virgins for themselves IS harsh. These are just 2 of hundreds of truly horrific things in the bible that are indeed harsh, regardless of your belief or whatever. I will never accept those things or the contradictions. A truly supreme being would not have anything to do with a book so full of b.s. and contradictions, the book would be perfect. And it's not.

Now, I'm against the gay flag at the U.N. I think that was the original post. But you guys should argue that a Christian flag be flown there.

Top Bottom