• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    I've read One Second After, Patriots, and The Road. Now what novels are out there that I should be reading now?

Please list older books too, these are the only ones in this genre I've heard talked much about here.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Anyone who's never read "Day by Day Armageddon" is missing out on the best book ever written. It's by J.L. Bourne, you can find his website at tacticalunderground.us the first portion of the book should be available online, and it will suck you in...

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    If you read all of those back to back, I would try something totally different.

Like Terry Pratchett.

Especially if you are married and your wife isn't as into preparing as you are.

:D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Anyone who's never read "Day by Day Armageddon" is missing out on the best book ever written. It's by J.L. Bourne, you can find his website at tacticalunderground.us the first portion of the book should be available online, and it will suck you in...

Just bought it for $11 shipped from Buy.com.... It better be as good as you say it is :D

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, if you're looking for post holocaust fiction the original and go to is "Alas, Babylon". It's a classic. Just remember. It's fiction.
    :yesway:Hah, beat me too it! Other books that I would suggest, Harry Harrison "Death World" Trilogy. Not post-apoclypse, but deals with situations of survival and technology in the future. Also, "Lest Darkness Falls" by L. Sprauge DeCamp, about a man who gets thrown back into history and tries to keep Roman from falling. "Emergence", about a girl surviving a post nuclear world. Not sure if anyone recommended "Lights Out" yet? Didn't look...

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    If you want more fantasy

If you want more fantasy type scenarios The Lost Regiment series by William Forstchen has more of the "building the tools to build the tools" type scenarios. Its also a fun read if you are a civil war buff.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    :yesway:Hah, beat me too it! Other books that I would suggest, Harry Harrison "Death World" Trilogy. Not post-apoclypse, but deals with situations of survival and technology in the future. Also, "Lest Darkness Falls" by L. Sprauge DeCamp, about a man who gets thrown back into history and tries to keep Roman from falling. "Emergence", about a girl surviving a post nuclear world. Not sure if anyone recommended "Lights Out" yet? Didn't look...

Just ignore the part about the radioactive gold killing you. The rest is a pretty good read.

kybares

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    John Ross, Unintended Consequences, and Mathew Bracken, Enemies Foreign and Domestic trilogy. Not so much survival, but absolutely great books in a similar vein.

Top Bottom