• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Well, If our state is burning, and were left to police ourselves, you can bet your ass your gonna need some free property to train on!
    Gaurantee the guys in our community dig up a hill in the soybean feild and put up a training range!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's going to depend on where you're at. Making that kind of noise is going to bring unwanted attention.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Exactly, and thats why it'd be a community training spot...
    nothing says "stay away" more than a large group of men with rifles and load bearing vest!

I was thinking more along the lines of nothing says "we're over here and we have enough extra ammo and supplies to train andsupport ourselves". I think firing more than a few shots is going to turn people into sniper bait. Not that people shouldn't train, but there are a lot of dry firing drills and trigger control training that can be done indoors and quietly.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    well said! That is a problem that would have to be figured out. You wouldn't want the armed men in your community to be taken out by three guys in a matter of two minutes.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    well said! That is a problem that would have to be figured out. You wouldn't want the armed men in your community to be taken out by three guys in a matter of two minutes.

I'd just be concerned about everyone focusing downrange with all the noise going on without someone pulling perimeter security. Someone needs to be looking around.

To leave to go shooting means you have to abandon where you at. You'd be leaving your home potentially unprotected while at the range and so long as the sound of gunfire is in the air they know you're not home. I don't have teh answers to this, but there's just a lot fo be concerned with when it comes to making that kind of noise in that desperate of a situation.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    I hit the indoor range once every week or two.... To bad this is just normal shooting and not (under pressure) conditions....

Ohh well one of these days I'll have my large chunk of property and it wont be an issue.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess this is why I practice at the renge as much as possible now so when the SHTF I'll be good to go.

I'm obviously missing something here so please, enlighten away!

In my imagination, the only time I'd venture off to shoot would be a function test or sight alignment after a repair was made or optic was installed. Otherwise, I'd be just keeping my ammo for that rainy day.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    I guess this is why I practice at the range as much as possible now so when the SHTF I'll be good to go.
    If your looking for place to practice after shtf, your too late.

If, no, when the SHTF I wouldn't be wasting ammo for practice that should have already been done!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Rifles can be zeroed with one shot. If you are a good enough shot.

The 22 single shot rifle that I have for SHTF is zeroed so I don't have to worry about it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    While this is the dumbest thread I've seen started up on INGO, I will admit there are some good points being made while making fun (intentionally or not) of the idiocy of the original post.

Sniper bait, what 7 out of 10 people are I see daily...

If your looking for place to practice after shtf, your too late.

also, if S really did HTF then why would you need to dig a backstop in a beanfield?

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Well, If our state is burning, and were left to police ourselves, you can bet your ass your gonna need some free property to train on!
    Gaurantee the guys in our community dig up a hill in the soybean feild and put up a training range!

Why would you want to burn through a lot of possibly irreplaceable ammo? If the SHTF dry fire training is what is called for.
    I mean, if the underground during WWII took the non-shooter members out to practice the Germans would've been all over them in no time. Stealth, my friend is what will be called for.

Top Bottom