• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Turn that 3D printer into a cash register…

:D

iu

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I kinda wish they’d do one around here sometime, I got an old sxs shotgun that was my father in law’s and his wife insisted I take it as something to remember him by, of course neither of his sons wanted it, and I didn’t particularly care for the guy, and it’s in no condition to shot. I’d take $50 for it in a heartbeat!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    $25 to $50 for auto sears.
    60 auto sears x $50 = $3000
    What am I missing?
    Either he embellished a LOT, or before the rule change his auto sears were considered machine guns by themselves. (and he didnt also highlight the part about the sears being printed)
    I too sense some slight of hand with the truth.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Either he embellished a LOT, or before the rule change his auto sears were considered machine guns by themselves. (and he didnt also highlight the part about the sears being printed)
    I too sense some slight of hand with the truth.
    Yeah. The way I read the thread, the rules changed after he took advantage of some vague wording announcing the buy back.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I kinda wish they’d do one around here sometime, I got an old sxs shotgun that was my father in law’s and his wife insisted I take it as something to remember him by, of course neither of his sons wanted it, and I didn’t particularly care for the guy, and it’s in no condition to shot. I’d take $50 for it in a heartbeat!
    Im pretty sure IN has a law prohibiting the state from using tax payer funds to "buy back" firearms.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Quite a few years ago a church organization in the City of Gary hosted a buyback exchange for gift cards in conjunction with local law enforcement so I brought several firearms that weren't particularly valuable that I wanted to depart with.

I declined to take the gift cards and asked that they be given to others in the community that are in need.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Quite a few years ago a church organization in the City of Gary hosted a buyback exchange for gift cards in conjunction with local law enforcement so I brought several firearms that weren't particularly valuable that I wanted to depart with.

I declined to take the gift cards and asked that they be given to others in the community that are in need.
    While I applaud your generosity, under no circumstances would I ever give the government, or those that support "buybacks" of stuff they never owned, the satisfaction of believing such programs make a difference, or achieve any good at all. Especially when it's at taxpayer expense.
    I would sooner take any worthless/non-functional weapon I owned and melt it down for a paperweight or ballast.

Unless it was a Highpoint. :@ya:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    While I applaud your generosity, under no circumstances would I ever give the government, or those that support "buybacks" of stuff they never owned, the satisfaction of believing such programs make a difference, or achieve any good at all. Especially when it's at taxpayer expense.
    I would sooner take any worthless/non-functional weapon I owned and melt it down for a paperweight or ballast.

To each his own. What I did proved just how radicicolous buybacks are. I turned in unwanted not particularly valuable firearms and I guarantee there were others that did the same just to get rid of them. Also I considered my decline of the gift cards and requested them to be given to others in need in their community to be a charitable contribution. in the process.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County

That last line got me...

We're all going to pay out the nose when all our government's creditors come knocking anyway. We've stolen all the wealth of the next 4-5 generations to pay for these idiotic social welfare/entitlement programs.
    If the government is stupid enough to hand out free cash, I'll take it. And I'll use the money to fund my own passive resistance efforts.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This was my whole point and I think that alot of this is going on with buybacks. People are using them as a depository to get rid of unwanted broken invaluable firearms. That's what I did and I requested that the gift cards be given to others in the community that need them more than I.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom