Should women be permitted to protect their own bodies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I love reminding the folks that are for permits, waiting periods, and other "safety mechanisms/cooling off periods" designed to prevent somebody from buying a gun and immediately going on a rampage, that they must hate women.

After all, do they actually think that when she leaves an abusive relationship and he yells after her "You can't leave me! When I find you I'll KILL YOU!" that she doesnt deserve to be able to immediately buy a gun for protection? (and he is dead serious; you can tell by her black eyes) Do they actually think that he will patiently wait for her to jump through the hoops of licensing and waiting periods before he attacks, like kids on the playground wait for you to yell "TIME IN!" when you are ready to start the game? This aint a game, and he aint waiting for her to be ready.

That argument is especially impactful when I'm talking to a married woman and can use her relationship as an example and put her in the victim's shoes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I love reminding the folks that are for permits, waiting periods, and other "safety mechanisms/cooling off periods" designed to prevent somebody from buying a gun and immediately going on a rampage, that they must hate women.

After all, do they actually think that when she leaves an abusive relationship and he yells after her "You can't leave me! When I find you I'll KILL YOU!" that she doesnt deserve to be able to immediately buy a gun for protection? (and he is dead serious; you can tell by her black eyes) Do they actually think that he will patiently wait for her to jump through the hoops of licensing and waiting periods before he attacks, like kids on the playground wait for you to yell "TIME IN!" when you are ready to start the game? This aint a game, and he aint waiting for her to be ready.

That argument is especially impactful when I'm talking to a married woman and can use her relationship as an example and put her in the victim's shoes.

I've used that very argument.

Top Bottom