Should the Second Amendment apply to Biden voters? Should gun businesses refuse to serve people who voted Biden

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Knock off the name calling.
    So I was browsing the news a few days ago and I noticed an uproar caused by gun stores either refusing to sell ammo and guns to Biden voters or asking the buyer who they voted for. This got me thinking about if people who vote Biden should enjoy the same rights that Americans are supposed to enjoy, and do you think other businesses should also follow the path of refusing to offer service to people who vote Biden?

On one hand, the argument could be made that the Second Amendment is supposed to be a right that is guaranteed to all Americans, and thus the private sector shouldn't be allowed to infringe on it. On the other hand, people who vote Biden are (either directly or indirectly) causing business to get worse in the future, and thus you have every right to refuse to serve individuals which pose a significant threat to your livelihood.

Discuss.

Their business, their choice.

If they want to cut sales to certain people, it is their right to do so. I would!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    We were talking about the affect of speech concerning tyrants, and how the idea is more important than the actual arms, but unbeknownst to you, you offered a Segway to victims.
    Your previously stated contention, is that arms supersede “ideas,” and then you give possibly the worst example ever, and cite Jews. Germans didnt just pick up one day, and start killing Jews. They were indoctrinated... with “ideas.” The campaign of hate against them was pursued fervently; most notably through the most popular book in Nazi Germany “Mein Kampf.” Further, most Jews were even killed by arms, in the traditional sense, but from gas.
    And yes, I hope your done entertaining me... but it’s been a hoot though.
    Guess I'm not done.

You want people to believe that Indoctrination has not been underway in this country. Give me a break.
    Refer to post 41. I stand by it.
    Good luck trying to talk your way out of a train ride.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Any more name calling here and people are taking vacations. We’ve been locking enough threads around here and it’s not getting the message across.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Guess I'm not done.

You want people to believe that Indoctrination has not been underway in this country. Give me a break.
    Refer to post 41. I stand by it.
    Good luck trying to talk your way out of a train ride.
    What in the world are you talking about? Do you have your discussions mixed up? I haven’t said, or even implied, anything about indoctrination “underway in this country,”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I like that idea, when you learn how to use a muzzle loader I'll consider selling you an upgrade. Gotta learn to crawl before you walk
    You guys are rookies. The pros sell to their perceived enemies to amass more wealth to employ against them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Now tell me about the Civil Rights Movement. Or if you need actual national revolutions, of historical note The Velvet Revolution, the Iranian Revolution, Revolutions of 1989, The Glorious Revolution.
    OR, if by chance you happen to be a Christian, and believe scripture, the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is pretty much the pinnacle of the point I'm making. Are you an atheist, or just hadn't thought of the last example?
    The Velvet Revolution was part of the Revolutions of 1989 and yes they were mostly peaceful, but there were a few extenuating circumstances, which is why there were so many all at once.
    The Iranian Revolution was not peaceful and the revolutionaries were armed, in fact they raided a arms depot and secured about 50k machine guns and there were a few battles, The Glorious Revolution had a literal army behind them and if several of King James men including family members hadn't defected, along with him being in poor health it would have ended in war.

And I am a Christian, but I believe that God went pretty much hands off after that time. So I doubt any revolution (or very very few) has the might of Him behind or it.
    We were talking about the affect of speech concerning tyrants, and how the idea is more important than the actual arms, but unbeknownst to you, you offered a Segway to victims.
    Your previously stated contention, is that arms supersede “ideas,” and then you give possibly the worst example ever, and cite Jews. Germans didnt just pick up one day, and start killing Jews. They were indoctrinated... with “ideas.” The campaign of hate against them was pursued fervently; most notably through the most popular book in Nazi Germany “Mein Kampf.” Further, most Jews were even killed by arms, in the traditional sense, but from gas.
    And yes, I hope your done entertaining me... but it’s been a hoot though.
    Yes they were indoctrinated, but tell me why the Jews were disarmed? Yes I know it started under the Weimar Republic, but continued and if anything intensified after the nazi party took power.

And while speech may be mightier than the sword, generally speaking it needs the sword to back it up when it comes to revolutions, among many other things.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Velvet Revolution was part of the Revolutions of 1989 and yes they were mostly peaceful, but there were a few extenuating circumstances, which is why there were so many all at once.
    The Iranian Revolution was not peaceful and the revolutionaries were armed, in fact they raided a arms depot and secured about 50k machine guns and there were a few battles, The Glorious Revolution had a literal army behind them and if several of King James men including family members hadn't defected, along with him being in poor health it would have ended in war.

And I am a Christian, but I believe that God went pretty much hands off after that time. So I doubt any revolution (or very very few) has the might of Him behind or it.

Yes they were indoctrinated, but tell me why the Jews were disarmed? Yes I know it started under the Weimar Republic, but continued and if anything intensified after the nazi party took power.

And while speech may be mightier than the sword, generally speaking it needs the sword to back it up when it comes to revolutions, among many other things.
    I never meant to imply that revolutions were peaceful. The discussion is that the "idea" superseded "arms," as the more dangerous thing to a tyrant.
    As for the speech needing the sword, sure, I can somewhat agree with that... but while also having you note, that without the idea, you may never think to pick up the sword in the first place.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The larger question here is cultural. Is the response to Cancel Culture to respond in kind, to take the high road and turn the other cheek, or something else?

Should we choose our response based on "what's good for the goose", the effectiveness of that response, or moral values?
    The effectiveness of the response. If you kick someone's *** badly enough the first time, they won't want it again

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I never meant to imply that revolutions were peaceful. The discussion is that the "idea" superseded "arms," as the more dangerous thing to a tyrant.
    As for the speech needing the sword, sure, I can somewhat agree with that... but while also having you note, that without the idea, you may never think to pick up the sword in the first place.
    "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong

I don't think some people got the memo

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Mutually assured destruction?

More and more, social media and other divisiveness is magically converting control rods into fuel rods; the temperature is heating up in this reactor.
    Maybe the control rods are tired of being taken for granted and taken advantage of. Reactor operator Xiden doesn't seem to see the need to scram the reaction so looks like we might have to explore 'prompt criticality'

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong

I don't think some people got the memo
    Indeed, the word of God is living and effective, sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even between soul and spirit, joints and marrow, and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart.
    Hebrews 4:12

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets
    -Napoleon Bonaparte

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I can somewhat agree with that. But while also having you note, that without the sword that idea may well be useless.:)

Hebrews 4:12 Indeed, the word of God is living and effective, sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even between soul and spirit, joints and marrow, and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart.
    I've heard some very great and powerful speeches, but somehow I think none would compare to His word.
    Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets
    -Napoleon Bonaparte
    Yep, but unless the newspapers had a thousand bayonets behind them. They could be quickly and brutally silenced.

Top Bottom