• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet
    Seems like everyone has a p365 these days. And they are great guns, but I've never been a super big fan of micro-9's. I carry either a P30SK (lots of upgrades on it) or sometimes a FNS-9 (17 rounds), neither are very small guns but I train and am accurate with both.

BUT yesterday, my WIFE purchased a p365, with all sorts of goodies. And so I carried it today and WOW. Slim, barely know it's on my waist. I've been looking at the XL or X-Macro, and I love to tinker with my guns and there is so much aftermarket support for them.

I am seriously considering trading my P30SK and FNS-9 and getting a p365 and making it the best of all worlds: accurate, compact, and 17rd capacity. What are your thoughts, gun community?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have so far not seen the finish issue that some have reported on my Macro. It's using the same Nitron finish as on other Sigs which wear very well, so I'm not sure why there would be issues, but it's not impossible there's a bad batch or something.

I wanted a P365. I bought my wife one and she loves it as it fits her needs. To me it was just too small. I worried about being able to use it if SHTF. That's why I picked up the Macro as the size was much better to me and the ergos fit me well. Yes, I'd love something that would just disappear when carried, but realistically I would even more want a gun I know I could depend on because I wouldn't fumble it or have issues when I actually would need to use it. The XL or Macro versions fit me better, which is why I made my choice. YMMV

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    orzIiyQ.jpg

If the question is P365 the answer is always yes IMHO. I really like the X myself as I can get a full grip on it and 15 or 17 rounds reloads are available.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I like a 4 inchish barrel, so I got the XL. (Thanks jakemartens). It fits my little girl hands well enough. You can tell it was built around the magazine. It shoots really well, and if you like the way Sigs shoot, you'll like this one. I found the romeo zero problematic for my old man eyes, and went back to irons. YMMV.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    How do you shoot it? That's the important thing. Sure it carries better....that's a given. It's smaller. But if you can't shoot it as well as your P30, which you're already successfully carrying, is it really a better defensive choice?

The cool thing about the P365 and the P320 are the wide variety of grip module sizes available. The new 17-round "Macro" grip has made me reconsider the platform (I had one of the original P365s and it was just too small), as it fits my hand better and eliminates the trigger slap I was getting with the smaller version.

There's also the operating system...the P30 is a DA/SA or DAO/LEM trigger. The P365 uses a fully-tensioned striker, which is basically SAO for all intents and purposes. I don't have a problem with either system on principle, but the methods in which I'm comfortable carrying a gun with a short, light trigger are a bit more restrictive than how I'd be willing to carry a gun with a longer DA pull. There's also some extra mechanical safety built into in the DA design as you have to add energy into the system to produce the impact necessary to ignite the primer, whereas an SAO/pre-cocked striker already has that energy stored in the system and by pulling the trigger you're merely removing inhibitors to allow it to fire.

Not trying to sway you either way...personally I carry both systems in different capacities. Just know what you're getting into and make sure it works for you before you buy.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you have thin and/or small to medium hands, the standard 365 is the bee's knees.

If you have medium to large and/or thick hands, the larger frames are the bee's knees.

I generally wear an XL glove - but some cuts/brands of some gloves, I can make a large work. Average sized hands for a 6'2" tall guy, I suppose.

I only have about 25 rounds or so through a standard 365. And while it really did shoot like a much larger gun, I felt I was quite cramped up when shooting it. Like an uncomfortable angle to get my finger on the trigger.

The larger frames kind of alleviate that scrunched-up grip for me. I honestly can't remember if I've fired an XL or not though.

tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet
    orzIiyQ.jpg

If the question is P365 the answer is always yes IMHO. I really like the X myself as I can get a full grip on it and 15 or 17 rounds reloads are available.
    I have thick but short hands and I need a lot of space on the left of the grip to place my meaty palm lol. I will def check out the X and XL since its got a slightly bigger grip!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You would like the Wilson Combat grip then , "fills out" the hand alot better at least for me.
    Just get an entire Wilson P365!

tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet

My friend has a p365 and just purchased the WC grip module and I do like it. I didn't know you could just but the whole kit and caboodle from WC directly thanks!

tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet
    How do you shoot it? That's the important thing. Sure it carries better....that's a given. It's smaller. But if you can't shoot it as well as your P30, which you're already successfully carrying, is it really a better defensive choice?

The cool thing about the P365 and the P320 are the wide variety of grip module sizes available. The new 17-round "Macro" grip has made me reconsider the platform (I had one of the original P365s and it was just too small), as it fits my hand better and eliminates the trigger slap I was getting with the smaller version.

There's also the operating system...the P30 is a DA/SA or DAO/LEM trigger. The P365 uses a fully-tensioned striker, which is basically SAO for all intents and purposes. I don't have a problem with either system on principle, but the methods in which I'm comfortable carrying a gun with a short, light trigger are a bit more restrictive than how I'd be willing to carry a gun with a longer DA pull. There's also some extra mechanical safety built into in the DA design as you have to add energy into the system to produce the impact necessary to ignite the primer, whereas an SAO/pre-cocked striker already has that energy stored in the system and by pulling the trigger you're merely removing inhibitors to allow it to fire.

Not trying to sway you either way...personally I carry both systems in different capacities. Just know what you're getting into and make sure it works for you before you buy.
    I LOVE my p30, I have the 3rd gen DA/SA, and it has the greyarms trigger job. I do shoot very well with it as its my most trained on gun. However, when my wife bought the p365 I was pretty darn accurate with it for using it for the first time. But not as good as my p30sk that's for sure. I am going to try to see if I can find someone with a p365XL and try it out it might be right up my alley.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I have heard good things about the P365 and similar micros like the Hellcat etc....I have friends that have both and I have shot both....neither is for me....I am about 6'4" and about 250 pounds and have larger than average hands....I didn't shoot either one well, but that's just me...I am not one to jump on the bandwagon just because others say it's a great firearm, I judge for myself. I have tried a myriad of different concealed carries over the years and finally found one that I am comfortable with...Size is perfect for concealed carry, I shoot it well and it fits me perfectly, but again that's just me...If you can, my advice would be to try whatever you are interested in before purchasing...carry weapons are not "one size fits all"....Your thread title was "Should I just get a Sig P365?" Only you can answer that question....good luck....

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Was shooting my P365X last weekend along with my Glock 43X MOS and shot the P365 much better with the load I tried. P365X definitely my favorite of the two. I have the same model Holosun on both. P365X has a very easy trigger to operate for faster shooting , fits my hand very well and recoil is much less than expected for such a small pistol. Also have a P365 but have not fired it at all since buying the P365X.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I have one, love it. easy to pocket carry. I got a wilson combat XL grip for it and love that too. It is a rig that is worth having.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

If it is of the quality of my WCP320, those should be stellar.

Not sure I could stomach $1105 to $1425 for a P365!

I will stick with my P365 and P365 with just the WC grip modules...

But to the OP. Yes. Buy a P365. It is really a stellar EDC option. :koolaid:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you have thin and/or small to medium hands, the standard 365 is the bee's knees.

If you have medium to large and/or thick hands, the larger frames are the bee's knees.

I generally wear an XL glove - but some cuts/brands of some gloves, I can make a large work. Average sized hands for a 6'2" tall guy, I suppose.

I only have about 25 rounds or so through a standard 365. And while it really did shoot like a much larger gun, I felt I was quite cramped up when shooting it. Like an uncomfortable angle to get my finger on the trigger.

The larger frames kind of alleviate that scrunched-up grip for me. I honestly can't remember if I've fired an XL or not though.
    Pick a model based on optic cut preference and slide/barrel length preference. Grip can be changed to any of the various sizes, and the WC modules give a bit more girth as well, and additional texturing. There are also other grip modules besides WC, but of the ones I've tried, definitely prefer the WC.

My preference so far is a standard 365 slide/barrel with a WC XL module (effectively a 365 X but without the optic cut).

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Or go with a Canik. This has 4 different size magazines that will work with it. 12rd, 15rd, 18rd and 20rd magazines. All Canik magazines will work with this pistol per Canik USA representative I emailed about it.

Top Bottom