• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have a H&R m48 12ga and recently discovered that i love shooting slugs from this gun but it has no sights. I have been thinking of putting on some rifle sights. Does anybody have suggestions on some sights. I assume it would have to be solder or epoxy on since it is a 12ga. So any suggestions on sights

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Are you punching paper or busting clays? Sight's get in the way on clays. On my HD(500 JIC) gun I use a Reflex sight. I like it! And slugs are a hoot in it. Really slaps your hand lol.

I think Skinner makes sights that will work on a shotgun.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Im mainly punching paper and when my cousin sees it he'll probably want to try it on deer and thats about it. Its only a 20" barrel so it is fed mostly slugs and buck shot.

I think that black max stuff is what an old teacher used on his to glue his sights oni might have to try that if i find some sights

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    If it throws slugs well, you may wanna consider a simple set of rifle sights. Depending on your creativity, you can mount them in a variety of locations. I would look in Brownells and just choose something that looks quick (there are a lot of options). Also, you may wanna invest in a Limbsaver while youre at it. Single barrels kick worse than anything Ive ever shot. My dad uses a light barrel rifled HR with rifle sights (tack driver but an absolute killer on both ends.)

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Yea im just wanting simple rifle sights maybe a pep I don't know. Im pretty good even without sights but its kind of a pain to aim down a bare barrel. Recoil isn't all that bad really last time I went I shot 15 slugs 25 birdshot and a handful of hornady 00buck and walked the 4.5 miles home with a 30ish pound back pack. Now 3in 15 pellet 00 is a different story ouch

Top Bottom