• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I preference this with - this is based on what I've seen come out of SHOT and what I have read thus far. I have not had any personal expense with the Springfield or FN High Power yet...

To me, it appears that FN "redesigned" the High Power while paying homage to the original High Power. While Springfield keep the same John Browning design but added some modern enhancements. The FN's MSRP is $1,300 to $1,400 while Springfield's is $799.

I think they are targeting too different markets.
    There's room for both, people are acting like it's one or the other, I wouldn't mind owning either one. If you're a purist then the small improvements SPFD made definitely make it more shootable while retaining the classic look. If you like the HP but like the new modern upgrades that FN did then i'm sure you'll like the new version. You can't really make the HP 'better' and more updated while still having it look like it did in 1960. I like the barrel redesign in the new one plus the open ejection port.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks! I only shot one last year but I'm going to try again this year. They didn't paint the plates between shooters but if I recall they offered to if someone wanted them painted. I won't ask. Seems like it uses valuable time and just consumes more resources the club has to pay for.

I'll work on pulling the trigger and moving on. I'm not sure what B class is but I am sure I'm not classified, lol. Is there a "Z" class? :)
    If your shooting scsa (steel challenge shooting association) and a member of uspsa (that’s what you join to be in scsa) when you shoot official scsa stages you will be classed and the classes are (bottom to top)
    D
    C
    B
    A
    Master
    Grand master
    Your time/percent of peak tomes will determine class, for example me in rimfire rifle open I’m 2.3 seconds away from a class and a 78.03 percent of peak time

I know you get to eville a lot, the second Sunday of every month (weather permitting) we shoot 6 official stages of steel challenge (match starts at 9 am) at Redbrush rifle range (normally done by 2, cost is 10 dollars for your first gun, and 5 for your second) we get people from all over the state shot our match if you want to try

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If your shooting scsa (steel challenge shooting association) and a member of uspsa (that’s what you join to be in scsa) when you shoot official scsa stages you will be classed and the classes are (bottom to top)
    D
    C
    B
    A
    Master
    Grand master
    Your time/percent of peak tomes will determine class, for example me in rimfire rifle open I’m 2.3 seconds away from a class and a 78.03 percent of peak time

I know you get to eville a lot, the second Sunday of every month (weather permitting) we shoot 6 official stages of steel challenge (match starts at 9 am) at Redbrush rifle range (normally done by 2, cost is 10 dollars for your first gun, and 5 for your second) we get people from all over the state shot our match if you want to try
    I'll keep that in mind. I have been trying to hit the IDPA at Westside but the weekend my daughter wants us has yet to line up with their match, lol.

I guess I need to start telling her when we can come down!

The Steel Challenge I shot last year was at Riley.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I know I'm likely to get some flak for this but this is honestly such a dumb, useless modification for a Glock. I don't see what it's good for besides giving the anti-gun crowd more ammo to work with. Just my opinion but this seems pointless.

Thee amount of recoil on that .44 auto mag was way more than I expected.
    Here's a better video of the Auto Mag being shot, doesn't look bad at all.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Watch the recoil on the Stance it seems to be less. Not sure what ammunition they are running. This might be a good gun for people who have problems with recoil.

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Thanks to dad smith posting SHOT show stuff. Each year I look forward to something new but get disappointed in the offerings. While it is nice to see the return of the classic HP, for shootability, high axis guns like Beretta, HP and the discontinued S&W 59 series will not bump the CZ platform from it’s position in my opinion only.

Top Bottom