• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Can't wait to see what all they have lined up this year.

I wonder what with be the best rifle, shotgun and handgun this year?
    What will be the best accessories?

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    From what I've seen so far on social media the biggest news is - Franklin Armory came out with a Binary Trigger for the Glock. They claim it will be out in Q2 with a price tag around $800. But apparently that includes the trigger and a new slide.

Neat idea but a little out of my price range for a range toy....

And oh year FN is getting back into the High Power making business.

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    From what I've seen so far on social media the biggest news is - Franklin Armory came out with a Binary Trigger for the Glock. They claim it will be out in Q2 with a price tag around $800. But apparently that includes the trigger and a new slide.

seems like a little impractical. I can buy two glocks, or a binary trigger for one.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

So at the very good chance that I will be misunderstood I'll put on my flame suit.

I don't see any need or useful purpose for this doodad. Sure it would be fun to rip off a magazine's worth of ammo. But to me it's just another item to get the anti's pantie's in a bunch.

Yeah, yeah, free market and all that. Go where the money goes. Whatever. It would be terrible for defensive use and most likely it won't be allowed in any kind of sanctioned competitions.

I suppose people have way more money than me...

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So at the very good chance that I will be misunderstood I'll put on my flame suit.

I don't see any need or useful purpose for this doodad. Sure it would be fun to rip off a magazine's worth of ammo. But to me it's just another item to get the anti's pantie's in a bunch.

Yeah, yeah, free market and all that. Go where the money goes. Whatever. It would be terrible for defensive use and most likely it won't be allowed in any kind of sanctioned competitions.

I suppose people have way more money than me...

Each year it amuses me of the junk that is introduced. Weirdo crap dung droppings to rile gunhaters even more. Yeah, Yeah I know I am a boomer fudd but really, Binary Triggers and Non Binary People? a 10 lb Automag that is uncontrollable? PCC for people who give up trying to shoot a handgun? Braces for pistol people who wish they were handicapped? I think the world gets just a little more off it’s axis the older I get.

Stay tuned, SHOT show might as well be spelled with an I.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Having visited a few ranges there seems to be two kinds of people....those that seek accuracy, and those that just like to make noise.

Seen younger folks blazing away and shooting horribly, with huge grins on their faces the whole time.

Guess it doesnt take bullseyes to make some folks happy.

Their money, their fun.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Having visited a few ranges there seems to be two kinds of people....those that seek accuracy, and those that just like to make noise.

Seen younger folks blazing away and shooting horribly, with huge grins on their faces the whole time.

Guess it doesnt take bullseyes to make some folks happy.

Their money, their fun.
    To me, those that pursue accuracy to the exclusion of everything else make little more sense than those that just like the to hear the noise. At the end of the day the guy who shoots a tiny little group from the bench really hasn't accomplished a whole lot more than those that just made some noise. The noisemakers are probably happier most days. If we're honest, we all just like to hear the noise... some of just insist of justifying it in unnecessary trappings.

Now we can return to the regularly scheduled b******* about new products and having too many choices.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd probably like SHOT show if it weren't for all the new crap they have. Kind of like the way I felt after going to the NRA convention when it was in Indy. :): Oooh look! More plastic!

Top Bottom