• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Which one of those sig links are you streaming your frequent reports to?

That would require one of those "smarter-than-me" phones or something, right? Cuz I'm sure as heck not lugging my laptop all around the show floor. Unfortunately, best I'll be able to do is a report each night for the two nights I'm there, and even then there won't be any pics because I'm not "media".

INGO should send someone in an official capacity next year to cover the event just for us. :ingo:

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    INGO should send someone in an official capacity next year to cover the event just for us. :ingo:

If you haven't been to SHOT before, after your first trip you'll regret saying that.

SHOT is a BUYING/BUSINESS show that has been nearly ruined by "forum groupies" that only get in the way and aggravate everybody involved.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If you haven't been to SHOT before, after your first trip you'll regret saying that.

SHOT is a BUYING/BUSINESS show that has been nearly ruined by "forum groupies"

I have been to SHOT before, and can understand that perspective. That said, I can also understand the desire of "forum groupies" to have sneak-peeks and new product info posted in near real time. :)

Last edited:

Stnmikita

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2009

SHOT is a BUYING/BUSINESS show that has been nearly ruined by "forum groupies" that only get in the way and aggravate everybody involved.

Wow. Really?

Just as an FYI, after Uncle Sam, 'forum groupies' are probably responsible for most of the revenue generated for the firearm industry and it's related suppliers. So sorry to hear that you may have to rub elbows with them at the super-exclusive, businessmen-only SHOT show.

I spend a lot of time on firearm-related forums. I am not a business owner. I imagine this makes me a 'forum groupie'. I will also be at the SHOT show. Please know I will work very hard to stay out of your way at all times and in no way interfere, show interest in, or patronize your business in the future.

Just out of curiosity, do you mind the forum groupies that you market your barrels to on this forum and (I presume) others?

Lastly, I will spend only this brief sentence pointing out the rich irony of decrying forum groupies.........on a forum.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Wow. Really?

Just as an FYI, after Uncle Sam, 'forum groupies' are probably responsible for most of the revenue generated for the firearm industry and it's related suppliers. So sorry to hear that you may have to rub elbows with them at the super-exclusive, businessmen-only SHOT show.

I spend a lot of time on firearm-related forums. I am not a business owner. I imagine this makes me a 'forum groupie'. I will also be at the SHOT show. Please know I will work very hard to stay out of your way at all times and in no way interfere, show interest in, or patronize your business in the future.

Just out of curiosity, do you mind the forum groupies that you market your barrels to on this forum and (I presume) others?

Lastly, I will spend only this brief sentence pointing out the rich irony of decrying forum groupies.........on a forum.

Sorry you "feel" that way.

When the exhibitors close their booths early and/or quit attending the show - due to the amount of "non-buyers" present - who do you "feel" that helps?

If you aren't a buyer/business owner/press, you don't belong at the show.

Stnmikita

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Sorry you "feel" that way.

When the exhibitors close their booths early and/or quit attending the show - due to the amount of "non-buyers" present - who do you "feel" that helps?

If you aren't a buyer/business owner/press, you don't belong at the show.

I am so relieved to hear that you are concerned about my "feelings"!

And here I was thinking that you didn't care about the little guy, the end user, the lowly customer, and of course, the despicable forum groupie.

Why, from your earlier post I almost got the impression that you were bothered and annoyed by the very people that keep you in business and put bread on your table! In fact, I was going to suggest that you run for Congress.

But this latest post clearly shows a deep interest in me personally. You've won me over. Maybe I will stop by your booth at SHOT after all. I'll be sure to have a lot of dumb questions too!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Last edited:

Stnmikita

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Welcome to INGO.

This has all been hashed over before your arrival on the scene:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...on/15352-shot_show_in_orlando_for_2009_a.html

I hear what you're saying and I think I get your point. The behavior of the folks you described in your posts from last year is unacceptable and totally inappropriate.

But consider the bigger picture as well. What if you saw the only three incidents like that at the show? It seems possible that there were many people in attendance who were nothing more than industry fans or enthusiasts and were able to behave and comport themselves like respectful adults.

There are always going to be bad apples in any crowd. It's a sad fact of human nature. Don't let it color your impression of an entire group though, because the original comments came off pretty offensively. Shared interest and shared knowledge, done appropriately, is always good for everyone involved, regardless of venue.

Top Bottom