• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Is anyone going to the SHOT show this coming January? I will be there Thursday and Friday. It is a Disneyworld for gun lovers.

Last edited:

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    I was about to start this thread.

I hope to be there at some point, probably working the booth (would make sense to take a couple engineers :D ). Looking to cruise a bit of the show Saturday, hope to check out a few booths outside of our own (I'd really like to check out Glock, FNH/FN-USA and a few others). Will most likely be working an open house for my employer as well that Friday night.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Alas, I am no longer in the employ in the "trade", therefore cannot obtain creds to enter.:tantrum: As well, the Make a Wish Foundation is sending my GF's 5 y.o. to Disney in February, so all disposable non-firearm money is to be spent on that.

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I just realized that I have training in Orlando the same week as the show. What a coincidence. Can anyone go or just vendors?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The SHOT SHOW is the largest and most comprehensive marketplace for all professionals serving the shooting sports and hunting industries. For the Trade Only.

SHOT_Header_09.jpg

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    We are leaving in the morning. Going to hit Sea world on Wed then will be working with Mesa Tactical for most of the rest of the show.
    I plan on getting out and seeing as much as I can early on though.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    We are leaving in the morning. Going to hit Sea world on Wed then will be working with Mesa Tactical for most of the rest of the show.
    I plan on getting out and seeing as much as I can early on though.

Have FUN, this will be a good week Not to be in Indiana and to be in Sunny Florida :)

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Have FUN, this will be a good week Not to be in Indiana and to be in Sunny Florida :)

Thank you. I'm thinking the same thing. I just need to get the wife through the flight. She has a major phobia of flying, and now this clown crashes his plane in Florida, :rolleyes: as if my job was not hard enough.:)
    I am really looking forward to it as this will be my first trip to a shot show.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    This is only my first rodeo... I'm wondering, how much room should I leave in the suitcase to bring back show paraphernalia?

It will likely be much cheaper to Priority Mail all the stuff back from the convention center than to pay the luggage weight surcharge.

Last time I had 35+ lbs of stuff, and that was after sorting the crap out.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    It will likely be much cheaper to Priority Mail all the stuff back from the convention center than to pay the luggage weight surcharge.

Last time I had 35+ lbs of stuff, and that was after sorting the crap out.
    I'm packing light, but I didn't consider the weight. I'm only checking one bag on the way down and no carry-on. I'm planning on bringing a small empty bag inside my other on the way down. I can carry that on the way back... provided it contains items that are carry-on allowed. I'm leaving Thursday evening, the weather is looking great for the flight out.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom