Shooting Club Recommendations- Please...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    I got a new job!

In the next week, I'm going to be moving my job from Bloomington to Northeast Indianapolis. It'll save me about 2 hours a day in the car and they'll pay me what I'm worth. I'm wanting to finally pull the trigger and join a shooting or gun club, like I've always wanted to.

I'm living in the Whiteland/Franklin area and I shoot at Atterbury. We'll be moving within the next year, but I'd like to look on the Northeast to South side Marion, Hancock, Johnson county area.

I'm only a half-decent rifleman, but I really love to shoot pistol and especially at steel where I can work from a holster. I also love the weekends where I can get to Ohio to shoot IDPA with my Uncle.

Does anyone know of any Conservation, Shooting, Gun clubs in that area that target the things I've listed? Maybe there's a directory somewhere that I'm missing and just haven't found.

Thanks for any help you guys and gals can provide.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.
    ~LT3

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    As I suspected. Most people want to keep their ranges a well-kept secret. If I insisted that I am an abundantly safe family man, would anyone consider PMing me info?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club

Good club & cheap. Good people too.
    $110 to join for the first year, then $60/year after that.
    Skeet, 100yrd rifle, hand gun, bow, plus they offer a lot of different classes and have several shooting events, etc...
    Located just south of Anderson.
    I live in Fishers and it takes me about 25-30 minutes to get there.

There's also Marion County Fish & Game over on the west side, but it's handgun calibers only.
    Nice facility. Shot there w/ friends several times.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Izaak Walton League in Kokomo. Nice range and well maintained. Rifle, handgun and shotgun. They also have a trap range with small charge ($5 or $6) per 25 target round. Also a separate skeet range. Easy to get to up 31.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Fall Creek is nice but has lots of range closures from what I remember for scheduled events. Deer Creek, right up I-69 is never crowded and has 10 pistol bays that are only closed one day per month for Cowboy shooting. There are currently some steel tgts with talks of more next year. Not uncommon to have a pistol bay all to yourself if you want it that way anywhere from 8-14 hours per day. 200 yd rifle range with mostly concrete benches.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'm currently with Elwood, $65 a year and that's it. No Prerequisites, no mandatory meetings, bring your own target, be safe and have a good time.

While I'm gonna keep renew my membership there, I'm also looking for a place where I can bring more than 1 guests.

I and few friends introduce new people to the shooting sports and gun ownership in monthly basis, poking paper isn't fun at all.

MCFG is where we go for basic safety orientation, also where we host our own NRA Basic Pistol classes.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I shoot at Elwood. I like it there because you can shoot 100 yd. I wish I could go further but then I'd have to pay more at another range.

Top Bottom