• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As others noted, I am hosting Southnarc again this year. I thought I had posted this at the beginning of the year when I booked the class, but alas, it doesn't appear that I did.

If you haven't trained with Southnarc, or taken this class, you need to. This is a serious test of your current skill sets and how they will hold up against a thinking breathing opponent.

Thanks,

Tinman....

Details:
    Shivworks
    Lead Instructor: Southnarc
    Date: Sept 13th – 15th 2013 Friday evening, Sat and Sun
    Cost: $400 Plus $25 range fee collected the day of class
    Round count: 275 rds

To register contact me at tinman.in@gmail.com

A $200 deposit will be due to reserve your spot.

Practical Unarmed Combat Core Concepts Module
    The ShivWorks Practical Unarmed Combat core concepts module is a 4 hour fundamental block of instruction that introduces the student to the parameters and context of criminal assault. The student will learn how criminals actually assault citizens in the real world and will initially focus on strategies and tactics for challenging and preempting the potential assailant. The instruction will then shift to immediate action procedures for spontaneous assault and how to regain initiative with non-stylized basic tools.

Curriculum and topics covered
    • Parameters and objectives of criminal assault
    • Awareness and task fixation
    • Kinesic and verbal challenge strategies for the potential assailant
    • Recognizing pre-assault cues
    • Hard focus scan procedures
    • Preemptive striking
    • Default position
    • Basic blows and regaining initiative

Extreme Close Quarter Concepts I and II (ECQC I-II)
    The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts I & II (ECQC 1&2) course is a 20 hour block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle. A heavy emphasis is placed upon commonality of body mechanics between skill sub-sets, which means that all combative software is reinforcing. Once the student’s skill sets are initially ingrained, the participant will be stress inoculated with force on force drills utilizing man-marking cartridges and protective equipment.

Curriculum and topics covered
    Block One
    • Diagnostics
    • Introduction to the components of the Combative Drawstroke
    • Building the pectoral index in live-fire
    • Firing throughout the horizontal line of presentation
    • Off-hand fending positions
    • Default position
    • Basic empty hand blows
    • Theory of in-fight weapon access
    • Grounded basics

Block Two
    • Challenging the potential attacker
    • Preemptive weapon access
    • Muzzle aversion within draw-stroke
    • Negotiating the F.U.T.
    • ECQ Handgun retention in holster
    • ECQ handgun retention out of holster
    • Handgun recovery
    • Handgun striking

Equipment required
    For the PUC class is a cup and mouthpiece. Students are encouraged to bring their own focus mitts or Thai pads if you have them.

For the ECQC class holster, pistol, two magazines, eye & ear protection, heavy sweatshirt or soft body armor, mouthpiece and cup

This class is not recommended for beginning shooters and prior documented training or instructor approval is required.

Students should be relatively fit as this is a contact class. Most of the latter half of each day will be spent utilizing man marking cartridges and FIST helmets, to allow the students to gain confidence in applying their newly acquired skills against moving aggressive opponents.

About the instructor:
    Southnarc served in the US Army Rangers before entering law enforcement. He is currently the commander of an inter-agency drug enforcement task force and a SWAT Team leader on the Gulf Coast. For a number of years he did undercover drug work, resulting in a number of serious physical assaults on him. These assaults included “rip-off” robberies, much like the robberies private citizens fall victim to every day. Southnarc is one of the most analytical trainers in the business, and as a result of these incidents he made a thorough study of Pre-Assault Indicators, Weapon Access During an In-Progress Fight, Empty Hands Skills to escape from a grappling attack or multiple assailants, and more.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Like the other listing...if you are serious about having skills to defend yourself and your loved ones, you need to get to this class. You will not regret it. Craig's classes are filling faster and faster and this is right in our own backyard. Don't miss this one.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    It will make you rethink all the training that you have had or will sign up for. I took this class this past fall and have already put money down for this one. Very excited and very nervous at the same time.

Top Bottom