Shhhhhhh, What firearm related stuff are we stocking up on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    SGAmmo is not taking any orders at this time. I tried to get some more .303 a couple of days ago and their website was a no-go. FYI
    I was glad I got that order before things fell apart.
    I ordered some 10mm from TargetSports and that is still pending.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I ordered ammo from Target sports also. Was right before any talk of quarantine or hoarding but shortly after received an email stating it would take 10 days to ship. That was Feb 28, still waiting.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I ordered 500 rounds of HST from Target Sports on 3/6 I think and got it on 3/12...hours before the schools announced they were closing and people started panic buying everything.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I ordered ammo from Target sports also. Was right before any talk of quarantine or hoarding but shortly after received an email stating it would take 10 days to ship. That was Feb 28, still waiting.
    See Hubert's comment as well- they took a good nerve-wracking long time to ship, but I can't imagine the demand and they DID get me my 1,000 rounds.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Key mod light mounts. Shotgun light mounts. Not gun related but picked up a swann 4 camera 4k deal at menards Friday. Finishing up new bathroom flooring tomorrow and moving on to cameras.

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I have traded for a few 9 mm handguns in Ruger, Smith and Wesson, and Springfield to put in deep storage to use as barter if needed with friends if things were ever to get real ugly. I sure don’t want to lend them any of my collected firearms, while at the same time I would want them to have reliable arms if not expensive. This isn’t so much a for profit plan, but more of a peace of mind kind of thing.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have traded for a few 9 mm handguns in Ruger, Smith and Wesson, and Springfield to put in deep storage to use as barter if needed with friends if things were ever to get real ugly. I sure don’t want to lend them any of my collected firearms, while at the same time I would want them to have reliable arms if not expensive. This isn’t so much a for profit plan, but more of a peace of mind kind of thing.

There's something to be said for this. Keep people comfortable where they are and they don't come running to you for help. I had a family member ask me about a gun and express regret over ever selling his M&P9mm. I lent him my new 2.0 compact with night sights, g-code holster with streamlight on it. Eventually he'll give it back, but now at least he's got something. Funny how quickly the times change, that pistol was on sale a few months ago for around $350, and today good luck finding a base model under $450 without night sights.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    [video=youtube;VO9H3TjCq8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO9H3TjCq8M[/video]

I've found mil spec bolts for $50. Personally if there's any type of issue involving anything with the bolt, I'm just going swap the whole thing out. After you buy all the little extra parts for the bolt they tell you to, you're paying about the same as the new bolt. Just replacing the bolt is going to save most people some headaches and frustration also.

I've never thought about having extra buffer springs. I may have to invest in a couple.

Top Bottom