• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    Stopped by the Fun Zone in Whiteland on Saturday night on the way back through from Greenwood. Played some mini-golf and rode the karts. Excellent time. :)

Noticed a fairly buff and buzzed head gentleman in jeans and a tucked in t-shirt, complete with cuffs on the back, and a five-pointed badge next to the Glock he was OCing.

Has Rascal's had a problem in the past or something? He tried to give the stink eye while scanning everybody as a potential threat. Dude needs to learn how to back the f**k off and let people enjoy themselves, because it was creepy to have him "guarding" the exit to one of the outside cart areas.

Seriously, go stand in a corner. Maybe make some small talk instead of looking like a complete and utter hardass? Honey instead of vinegar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That feller's been working there for years...

I noticed him to be a "rover" and rather intense looking.

But my guess is that anywhere that you have (potentially) lots of kids... Check that, idiot kids... You almost have to be that way.

As for me, I didn't mind his presence at all. Made me laugh a little bit, actually.

-J-

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I passed by there last night. (not stopping in, though)
    Last I was in there, I did not notice him.
    I used to work at a similar place to make college money. We had an undercover cop that was always on hand for Fri/Sat/Sun nights. He ankle carried a .380 walther.
    Very low keyed guy. Just roamed and sat at the tables (near cash registers); just looked like a older guy there as anyone is there. I don't think all the employees even knew. Just those of us that dealt with cash.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If men cannot or will not govern themselves , they will be governed . I can't tell ya who said it but it's still true .

Hippies , drugs , TV , or plain'ole P*** poor parenting , blame it on what you will . There's a whole bunch of kids and adults out there with no morals or common sense thinking that whatever they want to do should be alright , whenever they feel like it .

I don't agree with everything LEO's may do but in a situation like that ( a public place), I LOVE IT . Evil eye everybody cause everybody's suspect .

Post the meanest , ugliest SOB ya got to let the knuckleheads know if they want to play Mr. get bad then their gonna get a boot so far up their A** that they'll spit kiwi for two weeks !

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Stopped by the Fun Zone in Whiteland on Saturday night on the way back through from Greenwood. Played some mini-golf and rode the karts. Excellent time. :)

Noticed a fairly buff and buzzed head gentleman in jeans and a tucked in t-shirt, complete with cuffs on the back, and a five-pointed badge next to the Glock he was OCing.

Has Rascal's had a problem in the past or something? He tried to give the stink eye while scanning everybody as a potential threat. Dude needs to learn how to back the f**k off and let people enjoy themselves, because it was creepy to have him "guarding" the exit to one of the outside cart areas.

Seriously, go stand in a corner. Maybe make some small talk instead of looking like a complete and utter hardass? Honey instead of vinegar.

Wow.

An LEO-bashing thread about a cop who did nothing but stand there. You'd think people would appreciate an officer that's in shape and observant.

This takes the f****** cake. :):

Fairly buff, eh? Maybe he would have loosened up if you would have walked up and asked him out. Or at least smiled and winked at him. :D

I'm thinking that the issue is not with the deputy........

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Cops are people too. Maybe his wife left him. Maybe he was operating on 2 hours of sleep. Maybe someone cheesed him off earlier. Maybe he was looking for a fight.

Remember, smile and wave; you aren't doing anything wrong. It drives them nuts, but blowing kisses really makes them crazy.:D

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    What's the matter? Do you have a guilty conscience or something? Are you sure you weren't giving him the "stink eye" first? Judging by the "tone" of your post, I'd be willing to bet you were likely the first one to shoot the ****** look. Personally, I'd feel a little more at ease knowing that my family/friends/myself had a LEO that close by just in case SHTF. Chill out a little bit, they're only after the criminals anyway.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    What's the matter? Do you have a guilty conscience or something? Are you sure you weren't giving him the "stink eye" first? Judging by the "tone" of your post, I'd be willing to bet you were likely the first one to shoot the ****** look. Personally, I'd feel a little more at ease knowing that my family/friends/myself had a LEO that close by just in case SHTF. Chill out a little bit, they're only after the criminals anyway.

Hehehee.... "Yeah... Go get 'em Daniel"!!!!!! :rockwoot: :patriot: :ingo:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't see what the problem is. If crime can be prevented by someone looking mean and givin the eye then why not. One of the reasons I OC is to deter a criminal from messing with me. If the buff officer giving the evil eye keeps some kids in line fine by me.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    That feller's been working there for years...

I noticed him to be a "rover" and rather intense looking.

But my guess is that anywhere that you have (potentially) lots of kids... Check that, idiot kids... You almost have to be that way.

As for me, I didn't mind his presence at all. Made me laugh a little bit, actually.

-J-
    At least hang back, that's all I'm saying. I didn't mind him being there. But why make his presence so obvious?

Guy's got a badge, I'm cool with that. Has Rascal's had issues in the past? Just wondering.
    So now we are going to have a thread bashing LEO for scanning for threats and "giving the stink eye". WOW :rolleyes:
    Am I not allowed to have an opinion?
    If men cannot or will not govern themselves , they will be governed . I can't tell ya who said it but it's still true .

Hippies , drugs , TV , or plain'ole P*** poor parenting , blame it on what you will . There's a whole bunch of kids and adults out there with no morals or common sense thinking that whatever they want to do should be alright , whenever they feel like it .

I don't agree with everything LEO's may do but in a situation like that ( a public place), I LOVE IT . Evil eye everybody cause everybody's suspect .

Post the meanest , ugliest SOB ya got to let the knuckleheads know if they want to play Mr. get bad then their gonna get a boot so far up their A** that they'll spit kiwi for two weeks !
    Just seems out of place. I'm sure he can carry himself just fine. And you're right, a deterrent is a deterrent, is a deterrent.
    Wow.

An LEO-bashing thread about a cop who did nothing but stand there. You'd think people would appreciate an officer that's in shape and observant.

This takes the ****ing cake. :):

Fairly buff, eh? Maybe he would have loosened up if you would have walked up and asked him out. Or at least smiled and winked at him. :D

I'm thinking that the issue is not with the deputy........
    No issue with him being there, but surely there's a better way to not be noticed? I got the point when he was walking to the Malibu carts. I understand why he's there.

Maybe I should have winked? hah! :D
    Never shot him a ****** look or otherwise.

I mean, it's a kid's place (primarily). Is there not a way to tone it down? 10 instead of 11 even. You gotta be serious and all but it just seemed over the top.
    Maybe he's got low score at Rascal's and was just checking out the competition, using the old stink eye to intimidate. :D
    :laugh: He got the slow cart!

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Once again, I am happy the way this thread has turned out. I do say that with hesitation though, just waiting for the onslaught to start the way it did in other threads.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    guy was doing his job. deter bad guys. at a place where it could be YOUR kids hanging out.

i'd say let him be.

now if he had been an asshat for no reason, sure... but he gets paid to be a hard ass to a bunch of whiny ass emo kids and child molesters.

maybe next time, stike up a little chit chat with him.... hes probly a cool guy!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I am so SICK of this ****!!!!!

Cops are people too!!! They have good and bad days the same as you and me!!!

Personally I think all places like that should have off-duty keeping an eye on things.

Most that I know make more on their part-time gigs then they do being a LEO, I understand what you are saying about being the grey man and he should blend a little better, but at the same time just the fact that you noticed him is a deterrent.

LEOs on this board PLEASE I understand you get even more tired of it then me but answer like the person you should be, be above the snide remarks and childish come backs. There was a time when I enjoyed coming to this board because there were informative threads.

I have had only one bad interaction with LEO in my 33 yrs on this planet and he was a very young state guy about 5'9" 140 lbs with a huge chip on his shoulder. I do NOT hold his actions against all officers. Each experience is unique and alot depends upon both the LEOs attitude and YOURS!!!!

Coming from an Ex-fireman PLEASE rise above some of these post and show that there are good intelligent men and women who wear a badge.

"What we've got here is.......Failure to communicate."
    "Some men you just can't reach.......So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men".

Top Bottom