• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The kid handing me my fries at McDonalds today wasn't in a good mood. Sure, he was doing his job, but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone else generally hates McDonalds workers. . . .

C'mon guys. . . .

I'm moving this to the Break Room, as this doesn't even have anything to do with carry issues or self defense.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    The kid handing me my fries at McDonalds today wasn't in a good mood. Sure, he was doing his job, but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone else generally hates McDonalds workers. . . .

C'mon guys. . . .

I'm moving this to the Break Room, as this doesn't even have anything to do with carry issues or self defense.

Well hopefully you at least got the spit as a side and not an actual topping.....:D

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Well hopefully you at least got the spit as a side and not an actual topping.....:D
    :lol2:

Yeah...there's a LOT of people on here that I wouldn't let cook for me!! :D

Did the stink eye look like this?

stinkeye.jpg

Or like this??

attachment.php

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I gotta say Im with the LEOs on this one. I don't see anything wrong with the guy hangin out keepin an eye on the place. Now if he is intimidating people that may be a different story but it sounds like he is just standing there. He may appear tough but maybe the look on his face doesn't reflect what he is actually trying to convey. My friends tell me all the time that I have certain expressions that I looked pissed off and I tell them no I am just in deep thought or something like that. I would be happy to have a guard or something watching the place. Hell I might even go talk to him.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Laugh, but we actually had an employee at Wendy's admit to dipping a hamburger patty into the sanitizer solution before serving it to him. :xmad:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Laugh, but we actually had an employee at Wendy's admit to dipping a hamburger patty into the sanitizer solution before serving it to him. :xmad:
    I know a kid that whizzed in a bucket of pickles at White Castle....dumb ba$tard.

Thread jack...sorry...on with the po-po bashing...carry on...

:popcorn:

stinkeye.jpg

128701194013638817.jpg

Hope that didn't scare you!

Last edited:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I gotta say Im with the LEOs on this one. I don't see anything wrong with the guy hangin out keepin an eye on the place. Now if he is intimidating people that may be a different story but it sounds like he is just standing there. He may appear tough but maybe the look on his face doesn't reflect what he is actually trying to convey. My friends tell me all the time that I have certain expressions that I looked pissed off and I tell them no I am just in deep thought or something like that. I would be happy to have a guard or something watching the place. Hell I might even go talk to him.
    If someone gets intimidated by the way someone is looking at them...they need to stay home where it's safe.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Wow...I almost posted this one picture...but it was brown-eye...not stink-eye... That would have been UGLY!!! :D

I thought..."man, that dude is ugly"...then I realized what is was.

That's OK I almost started to post "stink finger" pics.... bet that would have got me an infraction or three...:D

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    guy was doing his job. deter bad guys. at a place where it could be YOUR kids hanging out.

i'd say let him be.

now if he had been an asshat for no reason, sure... but he gets paid to be a hard ass to a bunch of whiny ass emo kids and child molesters.

maybe next time, stike up a little chit chat with him.... hes probly a cool guy!
    I'll do that if he's not pounding somebody into the groun.d ;)
    I am so SICK of this ****!!!!!

Cops are people too!!! They have good and bad days the same as you and me!!!

Personally I think all places like that should have off-duty keeping an eye on things.

Most that I know make more on their part-time gigs then they do being a LEO, I understand what you are saying about being the grey man and he should blend a little better, but at the same time just the fact that you noticed him is a deterrent.

LEOs on this board PLEASE I understand you get even more tired of it then me but answer like the person you should be, be above the snide remarks and childish come backs. There was a time when I enjoyed coming to this board because there were informative threads.

I have had only one bad interaction with LEO in my 33 yrs on this planet and he was a very young state guy about 5'9" 140 lbs with a huge chip on his shoulder. I do NOT hold his actions against all officers. Each experience is unique and alot depends upon both the LEOs attitude and YOURS!!!!

Coming from an Ex-fireman PLEASE rise above some of these post and show that there are good intelligent men and women who wear a badge.

"What we've got here is.......Failure to communicate."
    "Some men you just can't reach.......So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men".
    Wow. For some reason you think that I don't respect what he was doing. Continue to assume.

:lol2:

Yeah...there's a LOT of people on here that I wouldn't let cook for me!! :D

Did the stink eye look like this?

[MG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/kellewat/stinkeye.jpg[/IMG]

Or like this??

[MG]http://forums.teamestrogen.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7718&d=1225047436[/IMG]
    Carry on with your assumptions.

And one more thing:

Personally I think all places like that should have off-duty keeping an eye on things.

For a group of people that want less government (overall), and pride themselves on personal responsibility and "1911: Response in seconds while the police are minutes away" sure seem to have a backwards ass view on having cops everywhere. :rolleyes:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    For a group of people that want less government (overall), and pride themselves on personal responsibility and "1911: Response in seconds while the police are minutes away" sure seem to have a backwards ass view on having cops everywhere. :rolleyes:

My weapon is for my protection if and when it is needed it will be faster then 911 but for the protection of everyone else I really prefer the guys that are paid to do it be responsible.

Would I use my weapon to defend the defenseless??? YES.

Would I rather the BGs just go away because there is a cop around??? YEP

I have never shot anyone and prefer not to have to, if by have Sgt.Grumpy giving everybody the "stink eye" it reduces the chances that I would have to take a life that is great.

We as a society have too many people with no moral compass so yes we need the guys who are paid to keep law and order.

Are they all super guys?? Nope

Are they all bad guys?? Nope

Would I rather be decent to them in hopes they return the same?? Yep

Should I assume because there is an off-duty LEO pulling security for a place that needs it and he looks like he has fully situational awareness that he is a jerk and bitch about it on a gun forum??? Nope

There are so many more important things we could be discussing yet everyday there is a new my XD is better then your Glock thread, or Leo pulled me over because I was doing 82 in a 55 and he was a jerk threads that I have very little to read here anymore.

Did I come off sounding like I was attacking you??? If I did I am sorry it was not a personal attack. My statement was made in general.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    So now we are going to have a thread bashing LEO for scanning for threats and "giving the stink eye". WOW

Don't worry, I am sure within a day or so, we will have a thread about some LEO working security somewhere who had his head down texting away and not scanning for threats and giving people "f-u eyes."

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Yea, I figured he was there checking out the underage girls or something. I saw him several years ago. I was OC'ing at the time and he never said anything. I could smell his stink eye from a mile away though.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN

or MAYBE more people should realize that they AREN'T the police, and should STFU and let them do their jobs.

**** like this reflects on to gunowners badly. you wanna power trip? have at it. but don't get butthurt when someone who DOES have more authority than you is present.

Top Bottom