• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    The Seymour Police Department will be hosting two Tactical Response schools in the month of September this year. Fighting Pistol will be on Sept. 19 and 20, and will be followed by Force on Force on the 21st and 22nd. All good citizens, cops, and military members are welcome to attend.

I have taken both of these classes in the past and to say the least, they are life changing. This is top notch training and anyone serious about defending themselves and their families should attend.

You can sign up for one or both classes at www.Tacticalresponse.com. Check out their web site for more info.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ohhhh........ I remember seeing pictures from the last FoF class you guys had down there. Hmm.....

Here are some more details from the website:

Fighting Pistol Mobile

2 days Details:

The root word to "gunfight" isn't "gun".
    It is "FIGHT"!
    This is the course everyone is talking about! It is the most comprehensive 2-day handgun class in the world! This course is literally a life saver. Our Fighting Pistol course prepares you to prevail in a real world violent confrontation and many students have gone on and done just that! This intensive course covers an incredible amount of material in just two days and we have been told that it covers more than any 5 day course at the "big schools".
    Topics include the role and attributes of the handgun, legal aspects of deadly force, anatomical stopping power, mental conditioning for combat, movement and communication. Live fire drills include both one- and two-handed shooting, shooting on the move, use of cover and concealment, loading and reloading, using both eye level as well as retention techniques, at a variety of ranges and from a variety of body positions. This course is about 40% lecture on mindset, tactics, skill, and legal issues but don’t worry because you will still be shooting a minimum of 750 rounds while you are on the range!
    We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class. If possible we also recommend “Surgical Speed Shooting” by our friend Andy Stanford. These and many other items from our gear list are available at www.TacticalResponseGear.com
    For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum Groupee Login . You can also see us on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. just search for “Tactical Response”.
    2 Days/$500

Equipment List:

• One (1) open mind
    • A Fighting Pistol
    • Bring a lunch to the range both days
    • 1000 rounds of quality ammo
    • Strongside belt holster (We do not allow Blackhawk Serpa holsters. Please read our FAQ for more information.

• Eye and ear protection (muffs recommended)
    • Sturdy gun belt (double thickness)
    • Minimum of five magazines
    • Magazine pouch
    • Raingear (We shoot rain or shine)
    • Hat and sunblock
    • Knee and elbow pads (optional)
    • Drinking water (Camelback strongly recommended)
    • Bug Spray
    • Pen and paper
    The Fight - Force-on-Force Scenarios Mobile

2 days Details:

THE FIGHT will test your defensive skills against thinking, moving adversaries in over a dozen realistic scenarios. Years of static square range training won't give you the tools and insights that these two days of tactical problem solving will. Make no mistake; this is a gunfighting course. We use paint marking rounds fired safely from real guns for the most realistic and adrenaline charged training experience to be had!
    This is a student’s quote from our class; “Force on Force is an ego crushing experience, but no other training can teach and reinforce the lessons of reality quicker than it can. Only by working with and against real live thinking reacting people can tactics be proven and our training be tested. The stress is not as great as the stress of an actual life threatening attack, but it is as close to it as we can safely come in training. You will taste fear and uncertainty. You will second guess yourself later. You will learn lessons that you can not in any other way short of actual events.”
    Test yourself! Get into THE FIGHT!
    We allow anyone to attend this course. Ideally you would already have a handle on the legal and practical sides of personal defense and would have graduated from Tactical Response's FIGHTING PISTOL.
    We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class. If possible we also recommend “Surgical Speed Shooting” by our friend Andy Stanford. These and many other items from our gear list are available at www.TacticalResponseGear.com
    For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum Groupee Login . You can also see us on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. just search for “Tactical Response”.

2 days/ $450.00

Equipment List:

One (1) open mind
    Raingear (We train rain or shine)
    Clothing to protect all exposed skin (gloves too). This clothing will very possible be stained so please wear items that are expenable.
    Paintball mask (loaners available)
    Holster and mag pouch for Glock 17 (loaners available)
    Cup (groin protection)
    Hat and sunblock
    Drinking water
    Bug Spray
    Pen and paper

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    Yea, this is the first time that I’ve been in charge of getting it set up and going. I’m trying to spread the word so we get some good guys over here for some great training.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    These two classes IMO, are some of the most important classes you can take if you carry a gun. You will learn a tremendous amount about how to drive your gun as well as the use of lethal force, and JUST as important, you will learn a lot about yourself, your capabilities and limitations.
    These are awesome classes and the Seymour guys are good folks, even Bart.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I am interested in the fighting pistol course. Has anyone here done the course or know of places to read some first hand accounts of the course?

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I should clarify that I am wanting a course directed at civilian applications. After reading some posts at TR's forum, I get a mixed idea of how much would apply for my use.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I should clarify that I am wanting a course directed at civilian applications. After reading some posts at TR's forum, I get a mixed idea of how much would apply for my use.

What is your use?

My recommendation is to take the class. It is occupation independent, but geared toward cops or private citizens carrying pistols. Additionally Tactical Response has a money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, that seems like a very thorough class, and very valuable. Just need to convince my wife that the money for the class + ammo is worth the investment. While I was talking it through with my wife, and she asked a question that some others may have too, so I decided to include in the post. I don't mean for it to be a thread hijack...but hope it might help answer a few questions.

Will there be any beginner / basic firearm safety classes offered in the local area in the near future? She is fairly new to firearms in general, and felt like she'd rather go to a more basic training course before doing something like this. I've not been to any formal training either, so would like to attend something like that as well.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I live in Seymour. I'm excited that this course is coming here...the police range is less than a mile from my house, so even if I don't go, I'm sure I'll here it!

Edited to add: This reminded me to update my bio to show Seymour. :)

Last edited:

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    In the recent past the Seymour PD has offered several basic pistol classes for FREE to the community but we can never get anyone to sign up and actually take it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In the recent past the Seymour PD has offered several basic pistol classes for FREE to the community but we can never get anyone to sign up and actually take it.

I have noticed on the Seymour PD website that the department offers basic pistol courses. I have thought that this might be good for me to take my with my wife and father-in-law. Unfortunately neither of them has a LTCH. Also, I have never seen a date listed for this course. Now it is a little too late for my wife since she is now pregnant and probably should not be around the noise of the range.

As far as the Tactical Response course is concerned this is something that I would like to do. Wife and I are discussing the practicality of spending $450 with another $400 in ammunition. I have now doubt that the course is worth the price and is something I should take.

Top Bottom