• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What do you guys do at sam's club when the monitor at the exit door wants to fondle all your purchases? Is there a nice way to say "on that side of the cash register they are yours. On this side they're mine. Get out of my way.

Membership clubs are somewhat different. As a condition of membership, you agree to certain terms. I can't comment about how legally binding that is, but it's definitely a factor.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I bought a shirt on ebay that came with one of those electronic tags on it (must have been stolen or something? it was just a cheap t-shirt).

Once I got the tag off (pvc pipe cutters ftw) I slipped it into the inside pocket of my girlfriends purse without her knowing. Next time we went to the mall it was hilarious. every store we went in set off the alrm. after about 4 stores I told her it was there.

Am I evil?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What do you guys do at sam's club when the monitor at the exit door wants to fondle all your purchases? Is there a nice way to say "on that side of the cash register they are yours. On this side they're mine. Get out of my way.

Sam's, Costco, and other membership-only clubs may be a different situation because you've signed some kind of membership agreement (a contract) with them.

You should check your contract you have with them that you signed when you became a member. It may stipulate that they can search your purchases on the way out, and if you signed, you agreed to it.

On the other hand, if it's not addressed in the contract, my non-lawyer opinion is to say, "No, thank you!" and keep walking with the smile on your face.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I have a wallet that I've had to get demagnatized (or whatever it is that they do) several times, as it would set them off. After awhile, it would happen again & I'd get it demagnatized again. It's not the gun.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    A lot of car keys will as they use RFID tech, don't know if someone already said that, don't feel like reading through 3 pages...

Just about everytime we rent a car, the car keys will set off the things everywhere becuase they are generally rfid tech. My work badge for both FdEx and CBP would do the same thing (GE RFID cards) but not as often as keys with chips do.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    From what I have seen regarding the membership stores is that they don't say exactly that they have the right or you must submit to search. It's something in the Terms like "Our policy is to check all packages/bags against a receipt leaving this store. By signing these terms you acknowledge this policy." They are basically saying our policy is to search and we have told you, and you signed saying we told you, but it does not say that you must be searched. I don't think they are legally allowed to do enforced searches even with a membership. The one downside to a membership store is that they could revoke your membership if you do it enough and are a prick. IANALBIDSIAHIELN

ElkhartGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Eklhart
    I didnt know they were RFID tag readers. I have had the same problem but now I may know why. I got one of those new passport cards and they have RFID chips in them. Guess i will have to start leaving it at home and not in my wallet. If you haven't heard of the passport card, heres the link to them.
    U.S. Passport Card

Top Bottom