Senators issued satellite phones for "security".

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Yup. Here we go!

Spin the wheel…who’s getting the EMP?

I’m going to guess New England because I’m going back to visit my friends next week that are having their first baby.

If I get stuck there, I’m WALKING back here. Maybe I’ll steal a bike actually, but I’m not staying in Massachusetts any longer than I have to.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Doesn't sound like EMP to me.

More likely cyber attacks either against communication networks directly, or power grid. Or both.
    Yep. Until I see the kit that includes a metal case (faraday cage) to store it in, you are right. Just a phone would be just as dead as their cell phones after an EMP.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    They could be shielded/hardened from the factory. Some of those milspec electronics are designed to shed that type of surge. Sounds like easily spent "security" money, in the name of Congressional safety and/or continuity of government.

Executing an EMP is a bit more difficult/visible than directed cyber against our SCADA systems, which are woefully vulnerable.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Maybe our goverment is working with globalists and planning to turn off civilian communications when they dissolve the sovereignty of our nation. Those on the aggressors side will have the advantage of communication on military equipment.

Thirty years ago that would be a plot for some science fiction novel.

75 years ago a science fiction novel would include the US citizens having no Constitutional rights and no firearms. That sounded crazy back then. Now we can clearly see the lefties in the democratic party were plotting to disarm us all along.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I leave open the possibility this was genuinely a decision based upon some security reassessment, etc. But! It's weird that it was announced to the public. It's weird that not all the senators accepted the phone (only fifty according to reports). And really, during an emergency, who are they going to call, each other?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Somebody with a bunch of those phones took the people making those decisions out for a few dinners at Mortons and Black Whiskey, a sales and maintained contract was probably inked over a glass of Pappy Vanwinkles. They will likely sit in a desk somewhere until obsolete.

Always follow the money.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Somebody with a bunch of those phones took the people making those decisions out for a few dinners at Mortons and Black Whiskey, a sales and maintained contract was probably inked over a glass of Pappy Vanwinkles. They will likely sit in a desk somewhere until obsolete.

Always follow the money.

Probably already obsolete old stock.
    New models for 2024 on the way after the first set delivery.
    Bi-Yearly security updates.

Top Bottom