• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Rs in the House give up a certain amount of control if the Speaker elect is a Democrat. The House Speaker has control over what gets brought up for consideration.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So why not advocate for considering their cases on an individual basis, why is it always an attempt at a blanket amnesty. You aren't going to argue that all - or even a majority - of dreamers are like your sons friend, are you?
    I have no idea what a majority is. I'm sure he's far from alone. A pathway would assume individual applications. I did not see blanket amnesty.
    And why have they never applied for citizenship? I believe they could if they first returned to their country of origin as well as there being fewer restrictions had they done so much earlier
    Family friend tried that. He returned to Argentina (even though he hadn't been there since a child) and applied for citizenship. Denied unless he was a refugee. Let's face it, many, of these kids have NOTHING for them in their home countries. Many don't even remember being there. they only know the US. I don't know why we just don't open the application process for them...on a case by case basis. They cannot even do that currently.
    It is also pollyanna-ish to ignore that such an amnesty would do nothing except the flood of immigrants assaulting the border and I notice nothing in your bullet points about reinstituting remain in Mexico, one of the few programs short of wall building (also not in the Dems offer I see) to actually decrease the flow of illegals. The dreamers are nothing but a stalking horse for unlimited immigration

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    -Snip-
    I find it truly sad that these kids have no place go go? My son's good friend was brought to the US illegally as a child, no choice of his own. Now he's 21 and a super hard worker. Wants to go to college but cannot get a Federal loan. He has worked since he was 14. His status as a dreamer prevents him from applying for citizenship...EVER. He is the EXACT kind of person we WANT to become citizens but Dreamers cannot apply. Makes no sense.
    I could maybe see allowing some "dreamers" in on a case by case basis.

The argument is, they were brought here as a young child, have become "Americanized", and it would be cruel to send them back to their home country because they would be lost trying to function there.

OK, give each one of them an interview and tests to see how "Americanized" they actually are.
    For example, the interview will be all in American English so they can demonstrate the proficiency that any person would have who has been here since being a young child.

And it will go from there, and the burden of proof is on the "dreamer" to demonstrate they're fully "Americanized" as much as any other American who grew up in this country.
    One of the pundits suggested that this is Sinema's attempt to get reelected in 2024.

It will be a very tough election for the Dems in 2024. After two more years of recession, open borders and record crime rates, the dems are already running out of lies and cover ups.

On top of the fact that Arizona will certainly have some kind of a political upheaval after the Kari Lake election debacle.

Not to mention that the dems no longer own Twitter and all that election rigging of the media.
    I suspect that in 2024, Arizona will STILL be a state where any must "win" Democrat candidates will be "installed" in office by the Democrat election fraud machine.
    I doubt that Kari Lake will be able to make any headway in breaking up the machine.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't know why we just don't open the application process for them...on a case by case basis. They cannot even do that currently
    I think if they, as a group, had ever shown an inclination of working within the system instead of gaming it, they would have had that

The hard push to let them skip over the process also hardened the opposition and rightly so. I'm not sure I know of any other first world country that grants anything other than refugee status to illegal immigrants regardless of how long they have managed to elude the authorities

To do so undercuts the legal immigration system. I find it instructive that the left fights so hard against denying entry to anyone unable to avoid being a burden on the taxpayer

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I suspect that in 2024, Arizona will STILL be a state where any must "win" Democrat candidates will be "installed" in office by the Democrat election fraud machine.
    I doubt that Kari Lake will be able to make any headway in breaking up the machine.

Part of the pundit's arguments was that Arizona dems may well primary Sinema for her holding out of going along with the rest of the senate dem agenda bills.

You might well be right on the dem machine though. I hope eventually though that state and local elections overall get exposed for the built in fraud cover ups that they are.

Eventually the flyover states like Indiana will get sick of always being ruled by states with sloppy elections, arranged and taken full advantage of by the fraud loving dems.

Trump took a lot of heat for his "constitution" comment. It was awkwardly worded, but the point is correct. If not already, eventually the honest election states like ours will be overrun by states content to loosen voting authentication. Fraud, in one fashion or another, will prevail in the states that lay the groundwork for it.

Who keeps track of ALL OF THE VOTES cast and mailed in early? Are they secured and untouched from the time they are "cast?" How would we know if the votes have been tinkered with or added to?

Joe said it aloud, but nobody seems to want to listen. It doesn't matter the numbers of people who vote, what matters is who counts the votes.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I think if they, as a group, had ever shown an inclination of working within the system instead of gaming it, they would have had that
    There is nothing to work within. They cannot apply for a wok VISA , Green Card, etc. That is the problem. These Dreamers have one option. Wait until they are 18, then return to their birth country and never return. Dreamers have no added status for migration. If they show they have done well is school, followed the law, positive work history, support themselves, adapted well to society, I see no reason why they wouldn't make great citizens. They'd be FAR better than the natural born citizens that I have to deal with on a daily basis.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There is nothing to work within. They cannot apply for a wok VISA , Green Card, etc. That is the problem. These Dreamers have one option. Wait until they are 18, then return to their birth country and never return. Dreamers have no added status for migration. If they show they have done well is school, followed the law, positive work history, support themselves, adapted well to society, I see no reason why they wouldn't make great citizens. They'd be FAR better than the natural born citizens that I have to deal with on a daily basis.
    DACA status does ALLOW for them to work.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I have no idea what a majority is. I'm sure he's far from alone. A pathway would assume individual applications. I did not see blanket amnesty.

Family friend tried that. He returned to Argentina (even though he hadn't been there since a child) and applied for citizenship. Denied unless he was a refugee. Let's face it, many, of these kids have NOTHING for them in their home countries. Many don't even remember being there. they only know the US. I don't know why we just don't open the application process for them...on a case by case basis. They cannot even do that currently.
    Because they have broken the law. The circumstances that lead to their arrival here has no bearing on breaking immigration law. Their lack of familiarity with their home country doesn’t affect their ability to be repatriated there. You are asking laws to be ignored because of unfortunate circumstances. I can bet there are thieves and murderers that had unfortunate circumstances that lead to their demise. Should we give them a pass also? Give them a choice to stay here with no chance of holding a job legally and never qualifying for any government programs or return to their home country with a chance at filling for citizenship down the road. We should also be prosecuting businesses that hire any illegals with mandatory jail time of no less than 5 years for the business owner or board of directors if it applies. Businesses should be required to use e verify for every hire.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Because they have broken the law. The circumstances that lead to their arrival here has no bearing on breaking immigration law. Their lack of familiarity with their home country doesn’t affect their ability to be repatriated there.
    Yes, it does. We do not hold children responsible for their parents actions.
    You are asking laws to be ignored because of unfortunate circumstances. I can bet there are thieves and murderers that had unfortunate circumstances that lead to their demise. Should we give them a pass also?
    Comparing apples to A bombs.
    Give them a choice to stay here with no chance of holding a job legally and never qualifying for any government programs or return to their home country with a chance at filling for citizenship down the road.
    They are already here. If they have not been arrested and are supporting themselves already, why not allow them to apply and go through the process? They did not make the choice to be here, their parents made that for them.
    We should also be prosecuting businesses that hire any illegals with mandatory jail time of no less than 5 years for the business owner or board of directors if it applies. Businesses should be required to use e verify for every hire.
    Will NEVER happen. Neither political party wants to touch that third rail of an issue. Too many HUGE businesses rely on illegal labor to keep their costs down and productivity up and the politicians know this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, it does. We do not hold children responsible for their parents actions.
    [sins of the fathers]
    Comparing apples to A bombs.
    [do you advocate for the law to be enforced only if the enforcement personnel agree with it, then. You might be in the wrong business]
    They are already here. If they have not been arrested and are supporting themselves already, why not allow them to apply and go through the process? They did not make the choice to be here, their parents made that for them.
    [Stiffen the immigration laws and enforcement FIRST and we'll talk, otherwise, if it is unconscionable to deport ANY of them to their respective homelands as you argue then even if they fail the process the push will still be on to keep them here and a similar push will be on to make the Biden Border Jumpers into the next traunch of 'dreamers']
    Will NEVER happen. Neither political party wants to touch that third rail of an issue. Too many HUGE businesses rely on illegal labor to keep their costs down and productivity up and the politicians know this. [I believe a true populist movement would indeed dare to go there. I think by highlighting how they are exploited by those same countries could get some liberal and union help on at least reining in big business]

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Traitor? It doesn't look treasonous to me.
    • A pathway to citizenship for two million Dreamers — undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children.
    • Roughly $25 billion-$40 billion in increased funding for Border Patrol and border security, including a commitment to hiring more agents and increasing their pay.
    • An extension of Title 42 until a formal plan is in place to stop an expected surge of migrants at the border. The law would remain in effect for at least a year, while processing centers are set up.
    • An overhaul of the asylum system to prevent abuse of the law.
    I find it truly sad that these kids have no place go go? My son's good friend was brought to the US illegally as a child, no choice of his own. Now he's 21 and a super hard worker. Wants to go to college but cannot get a Federal loan. He has worked since he was 14. His status as a dreamer prevents him from applying for citizenship...EVER. He is the EXACT kind of person we WANT to become citizens but Dreamers cannot apply. Makes no sense.
    I've always wanted to see foreigners who serve in our military for 10 years and get an honorable discharge should get citizenship.
    If that is law now great but if it isn't it should be. There are many who serve our country honorably, and they deserve it above any dreamer.
    I think a dreamer should be allowed to apply for citizenship and if they do not make it they should be sent back to the county they came from immediately.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's mostly just political theater.-
    Sinema as an "independent"will still for all intents and purposes be a Democrat, and you can expect her to vote with them on most everything.
    It's like Bernie Sanders being an "independent", he's basically still a Democrat.
    The only difference between Sinema and Sanders being that he's a communist-Democrat while she's a RINO-Democrat.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've always wanted to see foreigners who serve in our military for 10 years and get an honorable discharge should get citizenship.
    If that is law now great but if it isn't it should be. There are many who serve our country honorably, and they deserve it above any dreamer.
    I think a dreamer should be allowed to apply for citizenship and if they do not make it they should be sent back to the county they came from immediately.
    Back in 1976 when I was on Active Duty, we had a Guatemalan citizen-immigrant in our unit who had enlisted for citizenship. I think the standard at that time was 5 years. He was a good crew-chief, too, so I hope he did get his citizenship.

Top Bottom