• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    As some of you know I helped Senator Dan Coats in his recent election. I asked his communication director in DC if she could send me an email about his views on a potential assault weapons ban so that I could post it. I decided to do so due to Senator Lugers recent support of an assault weapons ban.

Hello Mr. Fillers,

Thank you for your email today. I really appreciate you reaching out to us on this and helping us get the word out about the Senator’s position. Here is the official statement from Senator Coats on this issue:
    “I will not support the proposed legislation to ban assault weapons,” said Senator Dan Coats.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    As some of you know I helped Senator Dan Coats in his recent election. I asked his communication director in DC if she could send me an email about his views on a potential assault weapons ban so that I could post it. I decided to do so due to Senator Lugers recent support of an assault weapons ban.

Hello Mr. Fillers,

Thank you for your email today. I really appreciate you reaching out to us on this and helping us get the word out about the Senator’s position. Here is the official statement from Senator Coats on this issue:
    “I will not support the proposed legislation to ban assault weapons,” said Senator Dan Coats.

This is typical politicritter word games. Had he said "I will not support ANY legislation to further regulate ANY weapons" then I would be happy with the statement. The way he said it, as long as there is something added, changed, reworded, etc.. then he can support it without breaking his word.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    IMO Dan Coats is very anti gun. I have had personal conversations with him while he was campaigning and from his comments about AK's, etc he just didn't see the need for them or why anyone would want one or even be able to legally own one. Questioned about His last AWB Vote, He did state (Promise) that he would Not initiate a 2nd AWB or Support one if it came to a Vote. We will have to see if He is a Man of His Word :rolleyes:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The big problem that gun control bills have these days is that they really don't generate much cash for congress. Like James Carville said one tiime, "it's a loser political issue." Things like microstamping or propellant taggants are more interesting because money is coming from lobbiests for this stuff. The mag capacity ban would find lots more supporters if there was a company that made some sort of universal limited capacity mags for guns as the manufacturers and thier bagmen/lawyer/lobby firms would have something to bring to the table. It's just how dc works.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    With Dan Coats' track record the first time around it was a shame that he was all the Republican Party could come up with to run for Senator. I don't trust him anymore with our gun right than I trust Dick Lugar.:patriot:

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    This is typical politicritter word games. Had he said "I will not support ANY legislation to further regulate ANY weapons" then I would be happy with the statement. The way he said it, as long as there is something added, changed, reworded, etc.. then he can support it without breaking his word.

Bingo!

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    From the way you guys are talking, you'd think Dan Coats was the kind of guy who'd retire from Congress, stay in the DC area making millions of dollars as a lobbyist for companies that routinely shipped jobs to China, and never step foot in Indiana until he needed a bunch of gullible people to put him back in office. How could you possibly not trust Dan Coats?

So what do you think? Purple? No, of course not. :whistle:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    As some of you know I helped Senator Dan Coats in his recent election.

:puke: negative 1 gazillion rep 4 u

As for Coats he lies like the rest of them.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS

Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed for NWI

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    negative 1 gazillion rep 4 u

I was only trying to pass on what I was told and re-assure some of you here that our elected officials are hearing from us. To be quite honest I am disappointed by some of the responses, I would have thought that by now some of you would have had more trust in me. To avoid further frustrations I'll just refrain from posting anything on this board from now on. I'll go back to working with state and federal elected officials on my own and keep those efforts to myself. I wish you all the best, I am out of here.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I was only trying to pass on what I was told and re-assure some of you here that our elected officials are hearing from us. To be quite honest I am disappointed by some of the responses, I would have thought that by now some of you would have had more trust in me. To avoid further frustrations I'll just refrain from posting anything on this board from now on. I'll go back to working with state and federal elected officials on my own and keep those efforts to myself. I wish you all the best, I am out of here.

Your work as an American who cares is appreciated by me & you shouldn't go away because some, myself included dont agree with your choices on politicians. I just wont be one of the ones who is fooled anymore or again by them, or even willing to take the chance. He is in there now, and Britton I hope your judgment of the man is correct. I hope he has seen the error of his ways. But until I see more than just an open ended statement that can be molded later, I will be in open opposition to this snake known as Dan Coats. If he proves to have changed then I will be happy. I wont apologize for my statements now or before, because he earned all of them. Nor will I rush to wash his feet for doing what he swore an oath to do. He swore the same oath before and broke it and I think he should be in prison for it.

Last edited:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Are you guys still whining about Dan Coats? It must be a slow day. Even during his campaign he said he learned his lesson. We hold him to that. He was the best candidate for the job but we can always vote him out later if he goes back on his word.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

"I would have thought that by now some of you would have had more trust in me."

Exactly how many votes did you make in the Senate last year? :dunno: :popcorn:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Hello Mr. Fillers,

In 1994, Dan Coats swore to vote against the AWB the day before the vote in Ft. Wayne, then landed in DC and voted for it. He later said that Dick Lugar convinced him it was needed. If ol' Danny was that much of a capricious little girl in '94, why the hell should I believe anything that he has to say now that he's a broken down old slimy lobbyist?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    In 1994, Dan Coats swore to vote against the AWB the day before the vote in Ft. Wayne, then landed in DC and voted for it. He later said that Dick Lugar convinced him it was needed. If ol' Danny was that much of a capricious little girl in '94, why the hell should I believe anything that he has to say now that he's a broken down old slimy lobbyist?

^THIS!

QFT
    END OF LINE!

Top Bottom