• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I am in favor of "red flag laws" properly drafted. As for "strengthening background checks" (he did not say "universal background checks"), it depends upon what he means by that. More accurate and comprehensive databases regarding the currently prohibited categories? I am fully in favor.

You Sir. ARE. PART. OF. THE. PROBLEM.

Stop giving away our rights for your false sense of security!

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Im not in favor of red flag laws or any background checks.
    We have laws that prohibit some people from having guns or buying them. Enforce the damn laws with a vengeance. If you commit a crimw with a gun you should be locked up for decades or shot.
    I do not believe i pre-cop'ing. The govt needs to wait until someone breaks the law to prosecute.
    Also stop being the thought police.
    So no, im not for any restrictions.

Why should committing a crime "with a gun" carry a heavier penalty than say the same crime with a knife, screwdriver, hammer, or a lollypop?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's looking more and more like Trump and McConnell are going to ram a private sale ban, red flag laws, and an AWB up our asses in the fall.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I received essentially the same form letter reply to my email. like some of the others here I was extremely disturbed by the references to red flag laws, common sense legislation, and other elements of his response. There's just too many elements of the anti-gun talking points in that form letter.

I thought my expectations were low enough, I'm starting to realize that my hopes for a true defender of the second amendment; someone not willing to bend even more is probably not going to exist in senator Braun.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I received essentially the same form letter reply to my email. like some of the others here I was extremely disturbed by the references to red flag laws, common sense legislation, and other elements of his response. There's just too many elements of the anti-gun talking points in that form letter.

I thought my expectations were low enough, I'm starting to realize that my hopes for a true defender of the second amendment; someone not willing to bend even more is probably not going to exist in senator Braun.
    I wish we could clone Jim Lucas...

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I got the same form email from Braun. I got NO response from Young. The response from Greg Pence (my Congressman) was a somewhat better form email:

I agree we must work together to reduce gun violence in our country and approach any proposed gun control legislation carefully, and with the gravity that it deserves. It is essential that we address the root cause of the problem—not just the symptoms. Instead of supporting legislation that infringes upon our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, I believe we need to redirect our focus on supporting local law enforcement, ensuring laws and protocols are followed to spot warning signs and keep firearms out of the hands of those battling mental illness. I look forward to working with my colleagues in Congress, the White House, and local officials to address the underlying causes of this violence, identify the cracks in the system, and intervene before precious lives are lost.

Nothing that exactly states his stances, but doesn't say "I support the 2nd," while at the same time supporting legislation that undermines it like Braun does.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    He is a damn Patriot in the truest sense of the word. If all our elected officials were like Jim Lucas we wouldnt be in this mess
    I agree 100%. I'm also totally disappointed with Braun and I let him know also, got the same BS as everyone from his office. As soon as I hear "common sense" I know I'm in trouble.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    At least try to get him to prohibit a registry; he's gonna vote for universal background checks regardless.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...As soon as I hear "common sense" I know I'm in trouble.

As soon as I hear, "I am an avid hunter", I tune him out. I'd guess he's about as avid as a hunter as our last senator was an avid wood chopper:rolleyes:...

[video=youtube_share;doZSMVCFZgs]https://youtu.be/doZSMVCFZgs[/video]

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The local news covered a portion of Mr. Braun’s town hall in Evansville. It was a tough room on gun control and he did stand up for the 2AD in a political way. He appeared less than impressive IMO in fairness he was trying to appease both sides and keep it from turning into chaos.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Braun was the weakest of the candidates on the 2A in the Primary so I'm not sure why the expectation would've been any higher than this.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    That response is what I became accustomed to expect from the guy I voted against to get Braun elected. Time to start looking for a replacement.

Top Bottom